Where to go in Europe in June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkathecow:
Gatistrufi, where abouts are you in mallorca ? :) care to come & meet up in the Center one day ? if i'm looking for buddies for some clients or certified students who want to dive around south /south-west coast ?

Mallorca is great guys, amazing dives, but under-promoted in my view... 40m cargo by the palma harbour, 3 natural reserves south side, i would really say... exquisite (Yes i own a business there, but i'm trying to keep focused... the dives are really nice... and i set myself in mallorca for that reason :) )

:penguin3: Hey, well maybe if you have a pet penguin that comes along diving with us, it will make the diving perfect...

But yes, Mallorca´s definietly overlooked, its a cheap destination, offering great diving...

Wow, what a coincidence... You wouldn´t happen to be the center I´m helping at, :lol2:

:dance: Am i feeling zonked today...

:D Dear dear, can´t help the dumb blondes huh.... or maybe just too tired:11doh:

Dear mikkelo,
(and dear Captain and Mad:)),
in South of Italy there are many lovely sites: Campania : Sorrento, Capri, Ischia, Baia.
Sorry for my bad english.
( I speak italian and french)
Mhonica

Hi Mhonica, Bonjour, :wink: You're and Davide were rigth, I use to do lots of dives in Tuscany and close to Naples (Banco di Castellammare) when in Italy, but since He is driving through the whole of Europe, I nted to be fine with other european fellows and not mentions all the nice site wehav. So I suggested only one spot close to the border. Should He have time to spent in Italy there are nice spots to dive for months (Utica, Eoile, Favigna, Tremiti, Pontine, Calabria, Salento, etc :wink: ).

Hey, didnt want to start a new topic but Croatia is good? How is like, accommodation there and stuff? I am an 18 year old girl, and would I be ok travelling alone so is it safe and stuff? I dont care about really scabby hotels and stuff.
thanks

pigeon17:
Hey, didnt want to start a new topic but Croatia is good? How is like, accommodation there and stuff? I am an 18 year old girl, and would I be ok travelling alone so is it safe and stuff? I dont care about really scabby hotels and stuff.
thanks
Diving is very nice, coast is beautiful (more then 1000 islands), sea is pretty warm during summer (it's still warm 22-24 at the moment). Accommodation ranges from simple rooms with bathroom in private houses to five stars hotels. IMO prices are Ok and reflect the quality of accommodation. In this time of the year it's pretty easy to find good accommodation for very low price. You can check http://www.adriatica.net. You can search the other threads for diving centers recommendations. Regarding safety I still believe that Croatia is one of the safest locations for vacations. However, you have to be cautious because tourists can be target of pick-pocketing - several incidents were recorded this summer.

MonkSeal:
Diving is very nice, coast is beautiful (more then 1000 islands), sea is pretty warm during summer (it's still warm 22-24 at the moment). Accommodation ranges from simple rooms with bathroom in private houses to five stars hotels. IMO prices are Ok and reflect the quality of accommodation. In this time of the year it's pretty easy to find good accommodation for very low price. You can check http://www.adriatica.net. You can search the other threads for diving centers recommendations. Regarding safety I still believe that Croatia is one of the safest locations for vacations. However, you have to be cautious because tourists can be target of pick-pocketing - several incidents were recorded this summer.

Thanks. I'll check that out. Any other good locations in Europe? And there are good dive schools around that area?

mikkelo:
Hi everybody!

I have got the opportunity to borrow a mobile home next summer during June/July, and are considering to drive through Europe to do some diving. My girlfriend and I are situated in Denmark, so we will be starting here, and then driving south. .....>

Big mistake... Wrong way! :D

I'm going to be living north of venice (about an hour) for few months this spring. The two areas I've found that I should check out for a weekend dive are Croatia and Sorrento. Any more advice on these areas or better ones? I'm going to be using my Eurail pass to get around to any dive sites. Advice? I'm looking for guided tours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom