where to Go in august with a 1 year old baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi everybody!
I'm looking for suggestion of where to go with an 1 year old baby, I would like to stay 3-4 weeks.
If it were for me I would like to come back to bali (pemuteran-tulamben-padang bai , beautiful dives and very nice people) but my husband want to change. years ago we went to koh tao in thailand but I would not come back again.
I was thinking about bunaken (sulawesi) with base in manado.
do you have any other suggestion or idea?:D:D

thanks

The thing is that with a small child you will want access to good medical care, just in case, especially since you plan to stay for a month, so going too far off the beaten track is probably not advisable. I agree that Koh Tao isn't really an ideal destination for a family with a young child, but you might like Koh Lanta on the Andaman side of Thailand. It's family friendly, you can rent a condo for the period, and there's great diving nearby.

The thing is that with a small child you will want access to good medical care, just in case, especially since you plan to stay for a month, so going too far off the beaten track is probably not advisable. I agree that Koh Tao isn't really an ideal destination for a family with a young child, but you might like Koh Lanta on the Andaman side of Thailand. It's family friendly, you can rent a condo for the period, and there's great diving nearby.

hi thanks for your answer! maybe i'm wrong but as I remember years ago I decided not to go to puket (if it is what you mean with the Andaman side) because it was the wet season and the sea conditions were not the best and if I'm not wrong the similans are closed (but I repeat maybe i'm wrong).
what is good about puket is that there are good medical facilities as the bangkok hospital.
how is the diving in koh lanta?
thanks

Oh, you're right! I missed that you're planning for August because it's only mentioned in the thread title and not in the post itself. Sorry. That is indeed the monsoon season here. Similans/Phuket/Lanta all have the same monsoon season. The diving from Koh Lanta is great! From Phuket you can do some diving, too, even in low season, and there is a really good hospital here, as well as pediatricians, so you wouldn't have to worry on that count. But you can't really swim from the beach because of rip currents that come in at that time of year.

Would you consider Malaysia? The diving is pretty good, and you can hop from Redang to Perhentian to Tioman over the course of your stay. If you need a doctor, the mainland isn't far.

Travel with an infant is never easy!
Who is going to look after the baby when both of you gone diving?
In many places the dive sites are miles away and both of you would be gone for several hours. Of course you can employ a local nanny but would you trust her? Some babies are very attached to their parents and trust no stranger.
Manado is developed enough and Singapore isn't that far away. BTW, dived Bunaken and Lembeh in Aug before and never got bitten by mossie!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom