Where to go for referral OW dives in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it doesn't work out for you in Key Largo drop me a line and I'll be happy to do your referral and maybe even introduce you to the "Conchs" so you'll have lots of dive buddies when you return.

I dove with Captain Slate's and I really liked them. We had some referral folks on board and I thought they were treated very well.

Recently I hit key largo so have a little experience. I'm a picky SOB, much like most teens. I would show him more wreck dives if possible than reef dives. Reef dives get boring fast. The Spegial is very nice and not deep enough to be too intimidating for a newbie. The Duane is a much nicer dive but is a bit deeper and if the wind is blowing, or current running can be a bit more than a beginner should do. Some of the other wrecks the charters will bring you to are no longer intact, shallow and pretty darn boring, I would definately do a night dive on a reef. At night you see more, the reef comes alive, and to a teenager it would add that extra element he is looking for. When I went we saw a reef shark, sea turtle, lots of nurse sharks, a few goliath groupers, barracuda a plenty, spotted eagle ray, and a few morays. You need to pay attention and dive often but there all there. I didn't notice where your from but spoiling him with 50-100+ vis is cruel if you want him to dive in your neck of the woods on weekends if locally you average 15ft. Good luck and I hope he gets hooked as the rest of us have. Sid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom