Where to go? For photographs extradordinare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been kicking tires for about a year.
Hopefully getting into a full system for underwater photos in September.

Where would you go for the most vibrant colors of reefs and species of fish..

While I've not done a lot of travel to dive destinations, the most vibrant reefs I've ever seen and photographed are at Fiji. Beqa Lagoon to be specific. Here's a link to the trip report with some photos. Fiji Trip Report & Photos

But it is a long haul. It's an almost 12 hour flight from LA to Fiji.

For September, your best bet for colorful reefs is probably the Red Sea. Philippines, Indonesia and Fiji are still closed to international tourism, so is, I believe, Malaysia. Thailand is semi-open (you have to quarantine for two weeks on entry, either in a special hotel or on Phuket island) but the Similans/Richelieu Rock route does not open until mid-October, and Gulf of Thailand reefs are not that remarkable. Maldives are open, but diving there trends more towards fish and pelagics than corals. Egypt is currently open with just a covid test required for arrival, and there are plenty of liveaboards running out of Sharm el Sheikh, Hurghada and Port Ghalib.

Back
Top Bottom