Where to go for a week after diving Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeorgiaT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello
Planning a trip in December on a live aboard to Raja Ampat, and as luck would have it will have 10 days afterwards before needing to return to the real world
Any recommendations how to best spend those days
Ive visited Bali (last time on way back from Manado diving)
Ive not dived or been anywhere else in Indonesia
Without going crazy with comnplex and long transfers, any ideas where else woudl be great to visit either for a land based trip or for more underwater fun.....
eg Kri resort in Raja Ampat for a few days
eg fly to Manado and dive Lembeh ( i was at Murex last time)
somewhere else in INdonesia?
please advise-thanks
G

I am headed to Lembeh December 23, staying at the Lembeh Resort and diving for 4 days then off to Sorido Resort....I have heard the Kri is very basic....been there done that type of accommodations....I like Hot water...I would look at Sorido.

Fly back to Manado and dive Lembeh and/or Bunaken. Otherwise, if the diving is fantastic out there in Raja Ampat, just stay out there (Kri or Sorido Resort).

Hello
Planning a trip in December on a live aboard to Raja Ampat, and as luck would have it will have 10 days afterwards before needing to return to the real world
Any recommendations how to best spend those days
Ive visited Bali (last time on way back from Manado diving)
Ive not dived or been anywhere else in Indonesia
Without going crazy with comnplex and long transfers, any ideas where else woudl be great to visit either for a land based trip or for more underwater fun.....
eg Kri resort in Raja Ampat for a few days
eg fly to Manado and dive Lembeh ( i was at Murex last time)
somewhere else in INdonesia?
please advise-thanks
G

You should look at KBR Kungkungan Bay Resort: Fine Diving, Lembeh Strait, Indonesia / Lembeh Resort Lembeh Strait Resort in North Sulawesi - Scuba Diving with Nitrox at Critter Paradise especially if you are into critters and critter diving. or Dive Manado with Lumbalumba Diving Center from Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia - Information Page a great resort in Manadao down the road a bit from the Murex.

If you like a bit of both then check out Ambon Maluku Divers, Ambon Dive Centre
Diving Banda, Dive Banda you get some great critters/reefs/corals/walls/pinnacles/muck.

Personally I like Lembeh over KBR but both resorts are excellent
Stayed at with the Maluku guys recently whilst the accommodations at the resort was not 5 star (rooms were nice and clean, meals excellent, no air con but that was okay nice sea breeze cooling things down) the the staff and diving and service was brilliant - well worth the trip.

need more info I can put you in touch with the guys here direct

Both places easy to get to (Ambon depending on the arrival time of flights out of Sorong into Makasar may necessitate a stop over but some great nice hotels there for as little as US55 a night including transfers) Just depends on where you are leaving Indon from Manado/Denpasar/Jakarta/Surabaya.

Arranging internal flights by using an agent locally (indon) you can save some bucks by not paying the international rates.

Need any further help let me know

Cheers
Wayan

PM me if need any further info

Do as many night dives at Lembeh as you can, It's great fun, lots of surprises. Saw a crab spawning on a dive at Pantai Parigi on a night dive. It is a shallow spot good for Spanish Dancer nudibranchs and crabs at night, In a cove at Lembeh Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom