where to get wetsuits in Northern VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E.C.Hansen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone suggest a good shop or two in NoVA with decent knowledge and selection of wetsuits? I'm pretty new to scuba and want to shop a couple before I drop the $$

I love NOVA Dive Center NDC Home in Sterling, VA.

They have a pretty good selection of suits.

Wow, thanks for the fast responses! I'll have to do a little running around this weekend and see if I can find a good fit.

Also thanks for the Lake Rawlings suggestion, I'm heading there the last weekend of this month with my local AOW class. Just don't tell my LDS guys I was shoppin around for a suit... they already get plenty of my $$.

Eric

VA Scuba is a great shop, they stock Xcel suits.

I got my White's Fusion and undergarments from The Dive Shop in Merrifield in February. I really like my gear, and from what I've found asking others, I got a good deal. Eliot and Chris are both very knowledgeable on dry suits, and while I was a tough fit, they worked with me and got me a suit that feels custom made (tell them you are interested in the same package they got Anne). I couldn't love it more. The dry suit cert was included in the price, and my instructor, Dori, is awesome. We did part of the cert in February at Millbrook, but the conditions were horrible, so we are going to Rawlings 3-5 April. I'll be working on my AOW also throughout the weekend. You'll have to check with the shop and Dori, but I suspect you could join us if you wanted to. Let us know what you finally decide.

Haven't really considered Dry suit diving yet, seemed like something to add to the learning curve a little farther up the slope.
As for lake Rawlings, I'll be there the weekend before you on March 28-29 Fly Girl, I'm heading down for my AOW with Ralph from Scuba Shack here in Fredericksburg.
Maybe I should think about a dry suit, Tried on 3 different wetsuits today (Pinnacle and Henderson one pieces and the Aqua lung FJ&J that I'm renting for next weekend). As far as those three companies go, I am some kind of freak that spans 3 or four sizes on their size charts, and this is reinforced in the fitting room. I can see this is gonna take some time and effort.

Sorry I'll miss you at Rawlings. The Dive Shop has the new White's Fusions as rentals, so you can try them on there. I'm a hard to fit also, so it worked for me. Good luck in whatever you get. I hope to meet up with ya on a dive someday.

Try The Dive Shop in fairfax va they are good poeple good products and good service. If you can ask for dori she is really helpful and knows what she is doing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom