Where to get certified in Huntington Beach area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolesorchard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Our daughter is living in Huntington Beach and her birthday is coming up. I have been thinking of getting her a scuba course and am looking for an instructor. Does anyone have any input, who is good, or who to avoid? Quality of instruction is the only priority. My wife had an outstanding instructor when she got certified and I would like our daughter to have the same.

Our daughter is living in Huntington Beach and her birthday is coming up. I have been thinking of getting her a scuba course and am looking for an instructor. Does anyone have any input, who is good, or who to avoid? Quality of instruction is the only priority. My wife had an outstanding instructor when she got certified and I would like our daughter to have the same.

Beach cities scuba Brookhurst and Garfield ask for Shane Spring.

Your location has you in Maine, but I'm assuming you mean Huntington Beach, CA.

If you are willing to drive to Irvine there is a great little LDS Dive and Photo (formerly Liburdi Dive and Photo) on Michaelson near John Wayne Orange County Airport. Mike Faust is the PADI instructor although one of the owners Bob is a NAUI instructor as well. Great LDS, great prices, great service. I've referred several friends to Mike, including a friend who is looking to have their 10 year old daughter certified.

Orange County Dive and Photo, Dive Shop with Scuba Diving Lessons and Certification

They can work with your schedule. Did all class room work in two days, then the pool in two days, and the dives in two days. By the time we scheduled class, pool, beach dives was just over two weeks.

Last edited:
Stay away from SC. Had a friend take the class there and and it was one problem after another. Constant nickel and diming along with up sells on classes before the class this person was in was done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom