where to get an sk7 wrist compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaliban

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get a good price on an sk7 wrist compass? Leisure Pro lists them for $59, but they have been out for some time.

thx,

-k

I don't really care what the cost is I would like to get an SK7 myself. I did find that a memeber Bob3 I think has a link to a UK company that can ship one for $60 US. I too have been checking Leisure Pro on a daily basis for one with no luck.

Mitten Diver

Does anyone know what Balanced for Zone 1 (northern hemisphere) means?

I will assume that there is a difference between a compass for the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere, but is there a difference between a compass bought here in the US and a compass coming from the UK?

Mitten Diver

The magnetic pull of the Earth differs from region to region... so compasses, like most intruments, must be calibrated properly for it to give you accurate readings. There are some compasses that are calibrated for use in all regions however. Why they don't do this to all compasses? I really don't know. Nor am I sure on the degree of inaccuracy if a compass is used outside it's region.

So where would zone 1 encompass?

Mitten Diver

I ordered an SK7 from lesiurepro just after christmas, even though it said that it was out of stock. I received an email telling me that it would be 3-4 weeks before they'd get them in, but I actually received one in the mail from them within 2 weeks.

So, I'd say that if you don't have a time crunch, just order it from LP & you'll probably get it sooner than you would if you watch the web everyday waiting for them to go "in stock."

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom