Where to find SS quick-releases? Sliders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell you what I'd like to find, is mini SS triglides. My neoprene mask strap (full replacement type) uses two plastic triglides on the adjustable webbing part, and I'd much prefer SS... but 2" webbing triglides is a little overkill for a mask strap (>1").

Tell you what I'd like to find, is mini SS triglides. My neoprene mask strap (full replacement type) uses two plastic triglides on the adjustable webbing part, and I'd much prefer SS... but 2" webbing triglides is a little overkill for a mask strap (>1").

Ones with smooth edges or rough edges?

I saw 1" slide bars here: http://www.strapworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SSS

They have the SS clamps (which might work better than the triglides for your mask) and metal quick-releases, but unfortunately not in SS.

Ones with smooth edges or rough edges?

I saw 1" slide bars here: http://www.strapworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SSS

They have the SS clamps (which might work better than the triglides for your mask) and metal quick-releases, but unfortunately not in SS.

Oooh, nice! Close, but I think need smaller still. I think the webbing used on most mask straps is either 1/2" or perhaps 5/8"... a full 1" triglide would still be too big.

I might do some digging along these lines, though... thanks for the link!

I recently wanted to add webbing to my bp/w so rather than replacing the whole thing I just cut the left chest strap and put a plastic quick-release there followed by some spare webbing that I had lying around. Subsequently I've loved the quick-release when diving dry. It just makes things easier on the boat when doffing the rig. But I'd prefer steel to plastic, so who makes SS quick-releases, in particular, I'd prefer one similar to the plastic ones that reefscuba and others sell (pic at bottom), except it would have to use a SS spring or something equivalent of course. (I don't want to use an SS buckle because it's too bulky and too much trouble.)

Dual2QuickRelease.jpg

Also, I'm afraid my wrist gauges with bungee straps could damage my latex seals when I pull them on, so I'm looking for another way to rig them - I'd like to find some kind of a slider I could use to tighten the bungee straps once I first put the gauges on with the straps loose. Any ideas? (Again SS preferred).

How about this?
MSRB-3.jpg

Link to Strapworks: Metal Side Release Buckles

I am not sure what they are made out of...hopefully it won't turn in to a big ball of rust.

It looks like this is the kind of arrangement Rick is talking about:
86-T.jpg

What about finding some old airplane seatbuckles?

How about this?
MSRB-3.jpg

Link to Strapworks: Metal Side Release Buckles

I am not sure what they are made out of...hopefully it won't turn in to a big ball of rust.

Yeah, I saw that and asked about it. Apparently it's made of "nickel plated zinc die cast" and probably wouldn't stand salt water very long. The guy also said that there's one company that holds the patent to these metal side-release buckles and they are difficult to work with, so while he would love to order them in stainless steel he just doesn't think the manufacturer will get around to it any time soon. He also said they've tried to get them in aluminum for about two years now.

It looks like this is the kind of arrangement Rick is talking about:
86-T.jpg
That's it... simple, foolproof, works like a champ.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom