Where to find a SS Reducer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oring seals? Or NPT?

I assume the male side is oring and the female NPT but its not clear.

Pressure rating needed?

Oring seals? Or NPT?

I assume the male side is oring and the female NPT but its not clear.

Pressure rating needed?

Sorry - Both Side Straight thread with O-rings

I'm hoping for somethign rated to 150psi or better. A little lower may be alright.

Sorry - Both Side Straight thread with O-rings

I'm hoping for somethign rated to 150psi or better. A little lower may be alright.

150psi???
just find a friend who has a lathe and a set of taps, at this pressure almost anything will do.

150psi???
just find a friend who has a lathe and a set of taps, at this pressure almost anything will do.

That's what I'd do if:

1) I had any friends (with lathes)

2) Had my own lathe.
(I already have a tap and Die set - probably won't so stainless, but Brass will do just fine)

It would be really easy to modify something that's already out there too - But nothing seems apprpriate. :(

how about a pressure hose "forced" over both ends to be connected and clamped down?
150 psi is a joke, you could get a "fuel hose" from autoparts that is rated to 250psi or even better a power steering hose. they sell them by foot and it's cheap as dirt compared to compressor parts.
you might have to improvise but it should work.

Sounds like a custom made item. What do you need it for, that might help with solving the problem.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it seemed logical to me ....

I'm trying to find a M-F reducer (pref.) in Stainless:

3/8-24 Female to
#10-32 Male

Any help on sources would be greatly appreciated!

I used to build and drive race cars, and we used lots of fittings made by these folks:

Aeroquip Hose, Aeroquip Fittings & More From Aeroquip.cc

You might try a local auto parts dealer, especially one that deals in high performance or racing parts.

Good Luck!

how about a pressure hose "forced" over both ends to be connected and clamped down?
150 psi is a joke, you could get a "fuel hose" from autoparts that is rated to 250psi or even better a power steering hose. they sell them by foot and it's cheap as dirt compared to compressor parts.
you might have to improvise but it should work.

Yeah 150psi?? I don't get it, even PVC pipe can handle this.

I'm assuming this is for a switchblock in which case I would have it machined locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom