Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right, but I always drive slow going home so I don't have a diving uh I mean driving accident. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:(oh that was so bad):dork2:

I am going to Florida for the first time in January. My little Bro. has a place next to Disney and I will be there for a week. I want to do the Under the Sea thing at Epcot. How far is the Orinsky from there and the Manatees? Where should I dive and how far is it from where I am staying? I have been diving since 1981 in the cold Monterey California waters so I would like to think I am not a newbie. I have no clue as to Florida diving. What would you suggest?

I've got a place next to Disney ( Windsor Hills) too and your only real option is Clearwater/St Pete's
I was out in May and in a similar situation to you, having my wife and 2 kids and being the only diver. I looked into all the options and the only one you can comfortably do ( assuming they will come with you) there and back in a day is Clearwater. It's no more than 1.5 hour drive and there's a great beach for the rest of the family to enjoy whilst you're off diving

Atlantic and the springs are at least 2 hours drive away and you don't want to be getting back late before hitting Magic Kingdom the next day!!

The other problem you may have is getting an op to go out mid week ( I assume you are looking to dive midweek) in January

I dived with Tanks a lot in Clearwater and even in May they were only going out weekends

Have a good time whatever you choose

Rob

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom