Where to Dive Pre - Socorro (Dec)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might like scuba diving in La Paz. There are lots of accomodations, the sea lions are crazy between September and May and we have amazing diving centers. Located 2 hours north of Cabo by a super highway.

You might like scuba diving in La Paz. There are lots of accomodations, the sea lions are crazy between September and May and we have amazing diving centers. Located 2 hours north of Cabo by a super highway.

I do not plan on renting a car. What are the transportation options from CSL to La Paz?

When I was in La Paz, I saw a bus station across from the waterfront that had buses to Cabo and to the Cabo Airport, so logic would say that there is a bus back.

Don't know if there is a shared shuttle but for sure you can hire a private shuttle. To give you an idea, a friend took a private shuttle in May from Cabo to La Ventana (45 minutes south of La Paz) and paid $180 one-way. and La Paz is actually a shorter ride from Cabo because the road is better than the road to La Ventana.

Diving around Cabo san Lucas can be pretty nice that time of year. I like Manta Dive ... located right at the marina. They're a well-run dive op that gives you a good experience for the money.

You're gonna love the Socorros (Revillagigedos is the real name ... Socorro is just the largest of the three islands). It's my second favorite place in the world for pelagics (close second to the Red Sea).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Socorro second to the red sea?

Socorro second to the red sea?

Based on my experiences in both places. But that is a pretty high bar, when you consider that means that Socorro beat out Raja Ampat for second place ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Based on my experiences in both places. But that is a pretty high bar, when you consider that means that Socorro beat out Raja Ampat for second place ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Am I getting you right, you put the red sea before Socorro ?

I have not dived many exotic places, I have a hard time ranking Malpelo, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, Red Sea and Cocos. They are different, complimentary. Glad I have dived them all, a week each, two weeks on the Red Sea.

You may not have dived a lot of places but you have good taste for sure, some of the best locations in the world there to be fair. Never heard of Revillagigedos and wasn't overwhelmed with the red sea but the other places are amazing for sure.

You may not have dived a lot of places but you have good taste for sure, some of the best locations in the world there to be fair. Never heard of Revillagigedos and wasn't overwhelmed with the red sea but the other places are amazing for sure.
Revillagigedos = Socorro (and San Benedicto and Roca Partida) for folks that don't speak Spanish. I had a wonderful time doing Brothers, Daedalus, and Elphinstone and the southern route, including Daedalus again, in the Red Sea

Revillagigedos = Socorro (and San Benedicto and Roca Partida) for folks that don't speak Spanish. I had a wonderful time doing Brothers, Daedalus, and Elphinstone and the southern route, including Daedalus again, in the Red Sea
Really, what time of year did you do it and how long ago was it ? did you see lots of big stuff ?

Back
Top Bottom