Where to Dive Pre - Socorro (Dec)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @scubajunky17

I assume you mean Revillagigedos, May 2019, lots of big stuff, sharks, mantas... Trip Report - Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer, May 24-June 1, 2019

If you mean Red Sea, less big stuff, but lots of other great things, April-May 2016 on the RSA I, RIP Trip Report - Red Sea Aggressor April-May 2016

I also have reports for Malpelo, Galapagos and Cocos Trip Report - The Magic of Malpelo, July 9-18, 2021 on the Ferox Trip Report - Galapagos Aggressor III April 26-May 3, 2018 Trip Report - Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017

Great memories, more to come

Most people here have a LOT more experience in Baja than me. I only want to offer my humble opinion as a first timer in CSL in May this year.

I don't have as many dives as you do and even that I find diving in around CSL boring and had nothing much to see. I find that it was only nice to see the arch but under the water, it had nothing to see (my logbook noted Morey eels, pufferfish and stingrays!). Maybe Gordon Banks is more exciting.

Perhaps consider staying in CSL and take a day trip to CP? When I was there, I checked for this trip with Manta Dive, Dive Cabo and Seacreatures. Only Manta Dive had enough customers and operated the trip. Unfortunately, they ended up having to cancel the trip in the morning before our departure from CSL because it was too windy in CP. My dive buddy in CSL went to CP a few days later and enjoyed it much more.

A Mexican friend took me to El Toro Guero Seafood. It is away from the marina and the tourist area. I only saw Mexicans in this restaurant which was a good sign. Great authentic Mexican food, good vibe and of course cheaper too.

I stayed at Los Milagros, 10-15 mins walk to marina area. I really enjoyed it, felt like being home. If you are in CSL for a few nights, I recommend it (choose the one bed room apartment, it has a small kitchen which is nicer). If you only stay there to transit to your liveaboard, Tesoro is in the best location.

Enjoy!

Well, just got back a few days ago and Socorro had some amazing diving, Several whale sharks, some tigers, schooling hammerheads, huge tuna, mantas on almost every dive. The Belle Amie was a wonderful boat with a fantastic crew. I never felt crowded in the water or on the boat. Full trip report to follow. Comparing it to the Red Sea is apples and oranges in my opiInon…
A543BD41-21D3-491B-917D-DF9351BBC45E.jpeg
B1AF0BB2-8D0A-4A32-B248-77C6DBE91CC8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom