Where to dive in PV Vallarta Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

It really would help if you'd complete your profile. :thumb:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

hey there, i just dove PV about a month and a half ago. I went through twin dolphins dive shop. they had ok rental equipment. safe enough and worked good enough for the dives. we mainly dove at Marietas island. It was actually pretty good. I was always told it was under rated. The dive site that we went to was perfect for novice to intermediate divers. Viz was good and water temp was around 82 F. We also did dive with Vallarta Adventures on Las Calietas. The dive spots there was not bad either.

Last Oct I spent 2 weeks in PV. Here is what I found.I dove with Ocean Quest and Chicos.
Ocean Quest http://www.geocities.com/oquest/index.html?946964935120
Ocean Quest does NOT have there own boats. You have to take a local CITY BUS to the dive site where you get into a Pongo boat. He didn't have any safty gear and did not supply any water for drinking. After the dive you are left to get back to town on your own WITH your gear. Was not fun. I would dive with them again but I now have more info then last ime. If I had known then what I know now Maybe I would have never used them.
Next,
Chicos http://www.chicos-diveshop.com/
Chicos was nice, Clean and easy to get to. You tell any of the crappy Taxis your going to Chicos and they can find it. Then you walk across the street to the beach and get in their boats. As for Cattle boats ya they have them. If you have at least 4 divers though you can get your own boat and DM. We did not pay any extra for this. They rinsed our gear and stored it. They even rinsed it for us after the last dive.
That is what I know not think. I know I will be down there on a cruise Oct 12th and will use Chicos for the one dive I do.
As for the gear thing? Well I have never rented gear but the stuff I have seen from bigger shops is OK looking and I have never seen problems. I am not tkaing all my gear on this trip but this is not a dive trip for me. I am taking my Mask, Booties, And Reg. They will not take up much space and I know I like the feel of these items. I know my way around PV pretty well so if you have Questions feel free to ask.
And welcome to SB, Rob

About two years ago, we, as new divers, went with Vallarta Adventures and had a good time. The boat was full of snorkelers but only about six divers. They let off the divers either off the boat or onto pangas that then went off on their own while the snorkelers went elsewhere, then later on we'd meet up.

The water was in the low 80s, the vis varied depending on where we were. Our small group followed the DM on some dives, then we got picked up by a panga, or we got back to the boat, or at one of the islands, came up to a dock. Mantas, puffer fish, seals, eels, etc.

The deal included drinks and food as well as the diving/snorkeling. For newer divers, I thought it was a great way to go.

I would go with them again if in PV.

Oh ya I was down there the middle of Oct last year and the Vis was like 80 feet and the temp was in the High 90s. I didn't even use a skin. just my shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom