Where to dive in late March for must-see PI experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Matt, what is the name of the bay/area where it's actually done? I think I'll be coming from Alona Beach and would like to do it twice in one day if possible, does a ferry go there or would I have to go to Cebu?. Can you do a dive there? I'll be planning on going on a week day to avoid crowds, prob in late march.

Many thanks.

Also, I'll be diving in Bohol near Balicasag Island, can anyone recommend a dive operator/accommodation there please?
I've heard good things about Black Forest, Rudy's Rock, Diver's Haven & Marine Sanctuary, any other sites I shouldn't miss?

Many Thanks!

Also, I'll be diving in Bohol near Balicasag Island, can anyone recommend a dive operator/accommodation there please?
I've heard good things about Black Forest, Rudy's Rock, Diver's Haven & Marine Sanctuary, any other sites I shouldn't miss?

Many Thanks!

Philippine Fun Divers, i've used them twice already and have no complaints. Holger Horn is the main guy of the operation.

Hey Outpost31,

Have you finalized your trip yet? I'd really like to know how your trip will go.. I'm exactly looking for the same info you are looking for right now but my plan is for late April to early May...
I'm also a single person and I plan to travel alone.. I'm pretty sure I'll go to Malapascua and Dumaguete... :) I hope everything turns out great for you!

Hey Outpost31,

Have you finalized your trip yet? I'd really like to know how your trip will go.. I'm exactly looking for the same info you are looking for right now but my plan is for late April to early May...
I'm also a single person and I plan to travel alone.. I'm pretty sure I'll go to Malapascua and Dumaguete... :) I hope everything turns out great for you!

Hi Coolsport,

I've haven't finalised anything yet. My plan so far is:

Fly into Cebu, trans up to Malapascua,
4 days diving incl Monad 4 Threshers, Lighthouse, Gato Island, Calanggaman Island, Deep slope
Trans back to Cebu then to...
3 days diving in either Bohol/Balicasag Island OR Dumaguete/Dauin/Apo Island area
Possibly go to Oslob to snorkel with whale sharks
Fly out

Right now, I'm just working out dates, who to dive with, sites and which place to go for the 3 days.
I've added another thread to ask which area people think I should go to
When I work things out I will post all the details for you...
Cheers!

Another vote for Philippine Fun Divers - dived with them 3 times so far. I really recommend night dives there and rotate thru the dive guides as they all know different areas of the reef so it isn't the same dive. They also have people diving with them from all parts of the world so it makes it a bit more interesting for a single traveler like myself. They do cater to the Japanese market too and I am always interested in whatever kind of camera gear they are using.

Hi Outpost,

That's great! You're almost there :) Just a month to go for you!! :)

Aside from the list of places, I think you should also have a list of must-see critters!!

Malapascua:
Thresher sharks
Manta rays

Dauin/Dumaguete/Apo:
Mandarin Fish
Ghost pipe fish
Blue-ringed octopus
nudibranches

I'm very excited for this trip!!!

If only our schedules coincide, we'd see each other there :)

Thank you for all your posts, I'm now sorted to go..

Fly into Cebu, trans up to Malapascua,
Quick House Reef dive with Exotic, staying at Slam's
Then 4 days diving w/Evolution incl Monad 4 Threshers, Lighthouse, Gato Island, Calanggaman Island,

Trans back to Cebu then ferry to Hilongos, bus down to Sogod Bay.
2 days diving w/Peter's + WS trip & Pier night dive, staying with SBSR
Back up to Hilongos, ferry to Cebu
Fly out

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me with such great info, couldn't have organised it without you.
When I get back I'll post a Trip Report

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom