Where to dive in Iloilo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and maggie: dumaguete is relatively FAR from ilo-ilo... you're looking at a 1-hour ferry then a 4 hour land trip...

he's better off hitting roxas or guimaras... maybe even north to romblon but i doubt there's any major dive activity going on there... and i think romblon's too far either way... lazy to pop up google earth...

Jag

and maggie: dumaguete is relatively FAR from ilo-ilo... you're looking at a 1-hour ferry then a 4 hour land trip...

he's better off hitting roxas or guimaras... maybe even north to romblon but i doubt there's any major dive activity going on there... and i think romblon's too far either way... lazy to pop up google earth...

Jag

i don't think it was four hours. 3 hours from Bacolod via the other route, actually. and hey, i still think its nearer than Manila to PG. really. you leave at dawn from iloilo, you'll be ready for the dive by lunchtime. :D.

:D

Nudi- stick to guimaras. its a lovely island, even without the diving possibilities.

Iloilo has no diving. It's a shallow sea all around it and has a lot of river and agricultural runoff. Guimaras...well...it ain't great but it's ok. HOWEVER...just down the road in southern Anitique there is good diving. Nogas Island off the village if Anani'i is about an hour and a half from the city proper. It has real nice diving. As a matter of fact, my good friend Boy Saldana just opened a dive shop and has cabanas there now. Let me know if you want more details. I've dived there a lot...well....over 200 dives I would guess...And BabyD has good diving too if you go a bit farther. That whole coastline is beautiful.

Iloilo has no diving. It's a shallow sea all around it and has a lot of river and agricultural runoff. Guimaras...well...it ain't great but it's ok. HOWEVER...just down the road in southern Anitique there is good diving. Nogas Island off the village if Anani'i is about an hour and a half from the city proper. It has real nice diving. As a matter of fact, my good friend Boy Saldana just opened a dive shop and has cabanas there now. Let me know if you want more details. I've dived there a lot...well....over 200 dives I would guess...And BabyD has good diving too if you go a bit farther. That whole coastline is beautiful.
there you go... 1.5 hours...

i think we have a winner!

so.... tell me, hank, this friend of yours... got rates? i'll be in iloilo in july...

Jag

There is no actual dive site here in Iloilo but we take our students in Nogas Island Aniniy Antique which is only 1 and 30m mins. drive, The visibility in Guimaras is not as good in Nogas Island and Nogas Island has an all year round season so you can dive anytime :)

"You can check photos of our dives in http://www.facebook.com/iloiloscubadivecenter?ref=hl#!/iloiloscubadivecenter"

There is no actual dive site here in Iloilo but we take our students in Nogas Island Aniniy Antique which is only 1 and 30m mins. drive, The visibility in Guimaras is not as good in Nogas Island and Nogas Island has an all year round season so you can dive anytime :)

"You can check photos of our dives in http://www.facebook.com/iloiloscubadivecenter?ref=hl#!/iloiloscubadivecenter"

Nice badehh.(it's a Dive House thing haha). I'll be with Boy in Anani'y in August. Maybe see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom