Where to dive in Caye Caulker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
does anyone out there know of a small dive shop in caye caulker where I could do 3 days of diving, we don't want one of those 'cattleboat' operations, i'm coming down with a girlfriend and she may want to do a intro course as well. Any help would be greay

I am headed to Caye Caulker in March and have booked with Frenchies. I can't provide any first hand references since this will be my first time on Caye Caulker but my choice of Frenchies was based on recommendations from this board. Another operator often mentioned with praise was Belize Diving Services. I can't comment on the other operator (Big Fish) since I have no first hand knowledge.

To the best of my knowledge none of the Caye Caulker dive ops run cattle boats and the groups will be small. I would imagine that any of them can offer an introductory course. A good website listing the services on the island is gocayecaulker.com and it will provide you considerable information. Another one to check out is ambergriscaye.com and they have a specific Caye Caulker forum where you can post this question.

HI! We LOVED Caye Caulker! Belize Diving Services is awesome and VERY professional. They are laid back, have wonderful employees, fast boats and are warm and welcoming. They went above and beyond to make our time with them worry free and truly remarkable. I just cannot say enough good things about Miss Kathy and Miss Dawn and their wonderful crew. We dove with them in August of 2006 and we will definitely go back and plan to! They are one of the best operations I have ever come across bar none!

When we left the island and got back to where cars are it was such a rude assault to our senses! We loved the barefoot, laid back quirky little island and speak fondly of our time there often. We stayed at De Real Macaw and had an awesome time! It is very close to the dive shop (just go out the back way and across the soccer field) and is just across the street from the open beach. The view is great and sea breezes plentiful and Jesse and her son are extremely hospitable and friendly. We vowed to go back and just haven't made it yet, but we will!

You will have a blast! Our only complaint was not having enough time to stay longer!

Hope this helps!

Myra

I agree..... Belize dive services are wonderful. I will be using them when I return in April.

Yep. Belize Dive Services. Beside the soccer field. I'll be goig back next week. They charge for gear separatly so you bring your own it is far cheaper. They give out stickers too! P1020021.jpg

HI! We LOVED Caye Caulker! Belize Diving Services is awesome and VERY professional. They are laid back, have wonderful employees, fast boats and are warm and welcoI just cannot say enough good things about Miss Kathy and Miss Dawn

They sold up and moved away two or three years ago.

Back
Top Bottom