Where to buy shock cord?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daryl Morse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been looking around for 1/8" and 3/16" black shock cord. Been to several Home Depot and Rona stores, but I'm striking out. If you can suggest somewhere in either North Vancouver or Coquitlam that stocks it, I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for some in Victoria too. So far I have only found some at Canadian Tire but it is white and comes in 1/4"

Have you tried camping/hiking stores? Any decent one should have miles of the stuff...

You might be able to find it at a sewing store like Fabricland in the "notion's" section... although, I'm not much of a sewer... so I could be complete wrong on that idea.

Here in Victoria you can always try Capital Iron, they might have it too :)

good luck...

SeanQ:
I'm looking for some in Victoria too. So far I have only found some at Canadian Tire but it is white and comes in 1/4"
In Victoria Capitol Iron has all kinds of great stuff for divers including a huge variety of shock cord. Look in their marine section. It has moved to second floor IIRC.

Just ask for tent pole shock cord at any decent hiking shop. 20' of 3/32" runs $5 at ems. I've been using it for a bunch of widget holders, seems fine. (they also have thicker stuff)

17th and Main in Vancouver, Outdoor Innovations (at 3293 Main street). They have all the D rings, shock cord and webbing you could ever need. They also have an industrial sewing machine on site and will stitch up stuff for you at next to no cost. I have allot of stuff made up there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom