Where to buy O-rings??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased an underwater housing for my Pentax Optio, but am stumped as to where to buy replacement O-rings. I also haven't a clue what size O-rings to buy once I find a source since there doesn't appear to be a part number or size listed in the printed materials that came with the housing. I'd like to purchase a couple of extra O-rings for when the camera/housing is discontinued and it becomes difficult to find replacement parts.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

DiveMe:
I recently purchased an underwater housing for my Pentax Optio, but am stumped as to where to buy replacement O-rings. I also haven't a clue what size O-rings to buy once I find a source since there doesn't appear to be a part number or size listed in the printed materials that came with the housing. I'd like to purchase a couple of extra O-rings for when the camera/housing is discontinued and it becomes difficult to find replacement parts.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!
First I'd start with contacting the housing manufacturer. They probably sell an o-ring kit that you can buy for some nominal charge.

Otherwise o-rings are sized using what's known as the AS568A -dash #. This dash# specifies the dimensions and tolerances of the o-ring. Since there is a materials tolerance, sizing an o-ring can be difficult even with a micrometer. So try to at least get the number from the manufacturer. Then there's the material, a lot of the black o-rings are made from Buna-N rubber, the white ones from Silicon both of which have good resistance to salt water and wear well. There are also other materials used depending on the application. www.allorings.com has all the details.

So if you can determine the number and material you can buy a couple at an Industrial Supply/Pneumatic Supply/Hose dealer in your area. I buy individual o-rings for about .35 ea. locally. google o-rings followed by your nearby major city to find a dealer in your area.

Thanks for the info. I'll start snooping in my owner's manual again, then contact Pentax if I can't find anything. Knowing what to look/ask for makes a huge difference. :wink:

Thanks for the specific link! I'm going to use their "live help" feature (when they are open) to ask about my specific o-ring. Interestly enough, I went back to where I bought my housing and they have replacement o-rings for the O-WP1 too, but not the O-WP4, which is what I need. Hmmm.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom