Where to buy lanyard? How else to secure small accessories?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a handful of small items (small dive light, emergency strobe, etc.) that I need to secure. Some of these will be stowed in a BC pocket until/unless needed - but once I pull them out, I'll want to make sure they're not dropped. Others will be used regularly (e.g. small dive light), and also need to be secured one way or another (my dive light, for example, will be in a Goodman handle, but I want to secure the light in case it slips out - or if the goodman handle slips off).

These items all have attach points (small plastic loop, split metal ring, etc.) but did not come with a lanyard. Many small accessories do come with lanyards, but these didn't. Looking over the usual websites, I don't see lanyards sold separately. Am I missing them? Can anyone recommend a good source for simple lanyards to be used to attach such things? How about alternatives to lanyards?

Suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

SS Bolt Snaps.

Tie a bungee loop into your BC pocket. Clip your small accessories to the loop.

Yep, those would work.

Actually, that's exactly what I was looking for, but wasn't finding them when I searched on the OTHER online shops. I was specifically not looking at LP because I thought they were closed for a month for a holiday (that surprised me since it was a holiday that do not I observe, and 3-4 weeks off seemed like an awfully long time to be not doing business - but that's obviously their choice and I'm fine with folks setting their own schedules). Since I ran into this the last time tried to order something from them (a few weeks ago) I figured I would steer clear of them for a while. Maybe I had them confused with someone else or miscalculated the dates.

In any case, thanks for the pointers. I'll give 'em a try.

Last edited:
Line can be purchased at Walmart and hardware store. Cut to desired length and melt ends. I like a flourescent yellow or pink.

Most dive stores will have a rack dedicated to all kinds of these plus they will usually have the SS and Brass Bolt Snaps too.

Also check out CountyComm.com for cord, para cord, cord locks and ends galore, plastic and metal clips and carabiners and S-Biner.

I just bought the IS 100 bag from them along with a bunch of clips, and such. All good stuff and they ship fast. But they lack in response to customers emails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom