Where to buy Hero 3 black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chauncy19

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have decided to make the leap into underwater video. looking mainly to capture dive and help with fish or critter ID.
Anyway where do I buy one? I am guessing its going to be online. Do I look at ebay? Risks? Do I buy it directly from GoPro?
Did a search and didn't find an appropriate title to look at so hence the post.
thanks for thoughts.

I bought mine at Beneath the Seas for $350. ,but I would suggest buying directly from GoPro,and once in a while they have free shipping.

Buy it from somewhere you can return easily. Given the number of issues with the HERO3, there are chances you might have to do that.

most of the issues with the 3 blackhave been addressed by two firmware updates.
Remaining issues seem to be card related
Still buying online you have no idea how old a camera is
Had to take my first one back, it was a rev 4

Buy local where there is fast moving stock, buy a sealed unit not returned
And buy from someone with a solid return policy

check the firmware on your new camera, update if needed
Get a quality class 10 card, use it only in the gopro
Always format in camera before each use. You will be fine

Why is the rum always gone

And it's best not to go higher than a 32GB card. 64GB cards use a different format and a number of people have had difficulty with them.

thanks for the feedback! there is a target store off cape about 45 minutes from me. might try them.

Please give us some consideration as well. We offer a choice of a free accessory gift with each camera and we offer a full range of mounting options, including single handle, double handle, extension pole, head mount and a modular system for a light tray. In addition, we have added external filters to fit both the Hero 2 and Hero 3 model housings.

http://www.makospearguns.com/product-p/mgph3black.htm

http://www.makospearguns.com/category-s/45.htm

Thanks!

Dano

Look at Adorama or BH Photo. Both are well regarded within the photographic community.

Ron

---------- Post added April 28th, 2013 at 11:55 AM ----------

Right now, there is a killer deal on the Olympus E-PM1 camera, 14-42 zoom lens, zoom gear, and underwater housing for $499, less than half the usual price. If you're open to something other than the GoPro, check out the Olympus.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom