Where to buy fully custom CLX 450 near vegas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skierdude911

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, This is a pretty cool site you have here! I have been reading it enough that I have convinced myself that I have to buy the best drysuit that I can get, to last me quite a long time, and fullfill every need that I might have in the future. This is what I have decided upon. A DUI ClX 450 Signature Series. All Cordura option., Cave cut option (I am a slim person)., Kevlar Knee, butt, elbow pads., reflective tape., pee valve, CUFF dump, and either the zip seals, or glove system, zip neck seal. In the future, I want to dive with icebergs, but right now I want to dive in California.
My questions: Are all of these options necessary? Where should I go to buy something like this? (I live 5 hours away from San Diego). (which glove system is recommended (zip gloves, si-5, si-tech, any others?) Do they make a "zip latex attached hood"? Is the Dui "warm neck hood" something you could dive in icecubes with? How much would a suit like this cost me? Are there any other comperable brands that I should be considering?
Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

skierdude911:
Hi there everyone, This is a pretty cool site you have here! I have been reading it enough that I have convinced myself that I have to buy the best drysuit that I can get, to last me quite a long time, and fullfill every need that I might have in the future. This is what I have decided upon. A DUI ClX 450 Signature Series. All Cordura option., Cave cut option (I am a slim person)., Kevlar Knee, butt, elbow pads., reflective tape., pee valve, CUFF dump, and either the zip seals, or glove system, zip neck seal. In the future, I want to dive with icebergs, but right now I want to dive in California.
My questions: Are all of these options necessary? Where should I go to buy something like this? (I live 5 hours away from San Diego). (which glove system is recommended (zip gloves, si-5, si-tech, any others?) Do they make a "zip latex attached hood"? Is the Dui "warm neck hood" something you could dive in icecubes with? How much would a suit like this cost me? Are there any other comperable brands that I should be considering?
Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

Good choice, I dive this suit (3 years) and have been very happy with it.

The Kevlar pads are a good idea; they will extend the life of your suit. I only have the knee pads; I don't know that putting pads in the other locations is really necessary.

Leave the Pee valve out and well as the cuff valve. Extra holes just aren't a good idea, more places to leak.

I personally just use only standard gloves. So I really can't comment. I tend to do a lot of digging for artifacts or jamming my hand in hole for lobsters. So having a connection point on my wrist just makes me nervous.

All of my seals are latex; I would upgrade them to the military seals if you can. They are just a little thicker and more durable. And yes the warm neck hood is something I would get. Actually, if you buy this suit, the Kevlar knee pad, the hood and I believe the an extra lag pocket comes with the suit.

Good Luck in your choice

Put A Pee Valve In The Best Money You Can Spend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom