where to buy fins online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
is there a online website that offers discounts? i'm going to start taking scuba classes this semester and need fins and booties. i'm thinking about getting the apollo bio pro fins. any recommendations on the booties?

Oh, for goodness sakes...

Throw your LDS a bone and at least buy your fins there!

:)

picholine506:
is there a online website that offers discounts? i'm going to start taking scuba classes this semester and need fins and booties. i'm thinking about getting the apollo bio pro fins. any recommendations on the booties?
Others are going to suggest Scuba Toys, a supporter of this forum, so I'll let them.

Personally, I'd go to either Divers Direct, or Scuba.com. Both offer excellent service and prices. Scuba.com was offering a special discount on side zip booties for less than $7, but only in size 5 & 6 (no help there!).

As far as type/style, that is as personal a preference as your shoes. Myself, I like the Liberator series of fins, and prefer non-zippered boots, but that's just my humble opinion...

RJP:
Throw your LDS a bone and at least buy your fins there!

:)
Actually, I agree with that. Not to mention, fit and comfort are very, very important! Go in person, try on several different brands.

Then, jump over to the I&G forum and tell us a li'l more about yourself. Welcome to SB!

picholine506:

I dive the biofins, and like them a lot. They are not cheap, and most LDS's don't carry them. ScubaToys would be my suggestion for BioFins.

As for booties, decide on the thickness, and if you want hight top, low riders, and a zipper. They also come in hard and soft sole models.

I use something like this:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_983/Context_980/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/BLRBZW.html?Hit=1

If you choose a hard sole bootie, you may need larger fin pockets.

I'd call Larry at ScubaToys. He will make sure you get what you need, and that it fits. If it does NOT fit, he will make it painless to get one that does. Yes, ScubaToys is excellent in the customer service department, and you can not generally beat the price either.

Another recommendation for ScubaToys. As for the LDS, you can give them a chance. I gave mine a chance, but there prices were twice as much as what I found online. Guess where I bought from? :wink: I have several LDSs. They're just all online. :D

I agree that fit and comfort are the main criteria when selecting fins, which suggests that the local diving store should be the first port of call. However, here in the UK, my local diving store does not always stock the gear which I want to buy after researching my options. Some months ago I decided to purchase some full-foot Apollo Biofins because I've always preferred full-foot rubber fins for snorkelling and wanted to try out "modern" fins. I was surprised to discover that only heelstrap Biofins were sold by European dealers, while you get a choice of full-foot and heelstrap versions in the USA. Scubapro seems to do the same thing, only selling its full-foot rubber fins in the States. Anyway, I was determined not to let that get in the way of my choice, so I ended up ordering a pair from scuba.com in the States. They arrived quite quickly and I'm very pleased with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom