Where to buy clamp in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Indo residents:

I recently bought a 6L (40 c.f.) pony tank and I need to find a clamp like this somewhere on Bali:

IMG_3991.JPG

Hopefully one in better condition :)

Any suggestions where this item can be purchased? I am referring to the screw thread clamp. We have already been to ACE Hardware in / near Sanur and a few other places. We live in Ubud, but we can go 'anywhere' on Bali to find it, since otherwise my pony is probably useless.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I am not sure myself, but maybe shoot an email to Ben at www.thetecroombali.com/ - he might be able to point you in the right direction...

Look for one of the road side local hardware stores that are all over the place. Sell everything from PVC piping to rope to crazy glue etc. They also usually sell clamps like that

If it was me, I would ask the local dive shop. They may help you out! One of my dive buddy, from China, computer battery was low and my guide got it replace the following day. She said it was cheaper than in her country.

Bill, keep at it and find a good hardware store. In some towns, all the hardware
stores are located in along one street. Some of these stores sell just about everything from hacksaws to PVC to hydraulic hoses.

If you can't find a clamp, then use a cam band (cut down), which is effectively what is used on travel slings. I've even used a weight belt before as that was the best available solution.

Back
Top Bottom