where to buy 1/2" flex hose for regulator (mares Abyss DFC port)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must admit that it's been so long since I dove a single tank that I completely forgot about the octopus hose! Good point on the standard hose routing. If you plug the 1/2" port there's no place to put the octopus hose on the same side.

For the OP, Mares switched over to only Miflex-style LP hoses on the Abyss a few years ago in the USA except for the Navy model, which still has a rubber LP hose. Replacement hoses are all Miflex-style.
thanks!

On regulators with a turret you can most likely plug the 1/2 port and use the 4 other 3/8 ports. This would work with an older DST. For other regulators without a turret you will most likely need to use an adapter. The OP's Abyss will have one of the right-hand ports as 1/2" so you cannot plug it and use standard hose routing. You need an adapter (or an Air-2).
I know it is not an issue with Apeks DST because I dive with one but the OP was talking Mares which I have no knowledge whatsoever.
On the other hand a left side 2nd stage eg. Apeks XTX could have solve the issue as long as that side of the 1st stage has two LP ports.

There is no merit on 1/2” LP port.

I know it is not an issue with Apeks DST because I dive with one but the OP was talking Mares which I have no knowledge whatsoever.
On the other hand a left side 2nd stage eg. Apeks XTX could have solve the issue as long as that side of the 1st stage has two LP ports.

There is no merit on 1/2” LP port.

There are 2 LP ports on each side of the Mares MR22 1st stage...I believe that is the model the OP has as it was typically paired with the Abyss 2nd stage and some of the older models were marked "Abyss" on the face plate/decal

The best solution in my opinion, if not using left hand oriented 2nd stage is to get an adapter for the DFC port....screw it in and let it live attached to the 1st stage until the end of time....the 1st stage is made of chrome plated brass so it is better to install/uninstall the hose from the adapter than it is to keep tightening/loosening the adapter from the 1st stage.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom