Where to begin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titanium doesn't corrode - ever...that's why you buy it, not for the weight savings which is negligible.

If that were the reason, you'd buy an ST1 and be done with it.

Not to mention the fact that regular old chrome plated brass regulators routinely last 50 years or more with minimal care.

The reason there are titanium regulators, stainless steel regulators, dozens of new 'improved' models every year is simple; people will buy them, and as such, the manufacturers can make money. If divers bought one regulator and used it for their entire diving career, many of these manufacturers would be in big trouble!

To the OP, don't worry about what regulator you buy, they all work fine. The suggestion to get something that's convenient to service locally is a good one provided that you have a competent service tech locally. In the U.S. that is sometimes trickier than you'd think.

ATX-40 and a DS-4.

Check out some of the sponsors on here. They will point you in the right direction. I'll throw this out there, I don't know Jim Lapenta at all BUT I've bought most of my new gear from him. Good service, great recommendations, nice products at the right price. I've bought 2 sets of regs, HOG D1 and Edge Epic, bp/w, and fins. He's a frequent poster on here.

Last edited:
Check out some of the sponsors on here. They will point you in the right direction. I'll throw this out there, I don't know Jim Lapenta at all BUT I've bought most of my new gear from him. Good service, great recommendations, nice products at the right price. I've bought 2 sets of regs, HOG D1 and Edge Epic, bp/w, and fins. He's a frequent poster on here.

He's UK based. Hog/Edge isn't a great idea because there is no dealer support out here. In the UK, you can't go wrong with Apeks because EVERYBODY (or nearly everybody) is an Apeks dealer.
And you can't go wrong with a ds-4 combined with an ATX-40 (primary and back-up). Cheap as chips and bulletproof. maat, where in London are you based? i can recommend a few shops if i know where you are

Back
Top Bottom