Where to become a dive master?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Guys!!

So I want to do my Dive Master course. Also continue to assistant instructor and follow that career path. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good places to get this done? I would love to train at a place where I could possibly get a job and the end of it all.

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Where do you want to live? That will depend on the responses......

If Nassau, then Stewart Cove...if Mexico, then ProDive....if Hoboken, then SOL.....:)

The possibility of a job in diving is nearly anywhere. (Legally, work visas etc.) Spin a globe and round to the nearest part of the world your heart wants to experience.

I've never worked in a tropical dive location but I'm quite fond of the Caribbean and know many travelers who work as DM/sales in numerous dive shops. There's always work as it's mainly low pay and transient staff often. High season etc.

Enjoy!
Cameron

Look at Roatan also, good diving, cheap cost of living and there must be 2 dozen dive operations on the island or more. Here's a couple of options - nice thing about either is they have a DM house you can rent a room in while there. I know someone who has interned at either. Plus if you stay/train in the West End everything is walkable - we didn't rent a car all week and dove with 3 different operations and saw other parts of the island via cheap cab. Also there's direct flights from several US southern hubs if you happen to live here.And should something happen, there's a fully staffed chamber at Anthony's Key Rresort.

Scuba Instructor course | PADI IDC | Divemaster | Roatan | Bay Islands | Honduras
Green Divemaster Internship | Roatan 5-Star PADI Dive Center & Lodging | Barefoot Divers

One other suggestion I pass on is find a shop with more vacation/rrecreational/cruise ship divers as that will possibly lead to a greater diversity of situations to confront. Going to a dedicated dive resort where many of the guests have more dives likely won't present as many challenges.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom