Where the sand goes in Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
They are projected to be finished somewhere around June, you may have some neighbors in the sandbox while you are here :D. They work around the clock with only small 3 hour breaks to let the Sturgeon in and out of the bay.

BTW - the red arrow is where the sand/water flows out from the barge.

Are the Jetties open for diving while the during the dredging operation?

Yep, as long as they aren't dredging the channel out infront of them.

I have not been down there recently but it seemed like they were working toward the bay and away from the jetties. ScubaTech says they will not be taking the sand off the finger jetty itself so I imagine they are through there. The only thing I've heard that may interfere with diving the jetties is if they need to move the sand they piled up on land near there. They may use it for protecting homes on Holiday Island. Like SBM says, as long as they are not working near the jetties it's OK to dive.

SeaYoda:
I have not been down there recently but it seemed like they were working toward the bay and away from the jetties. ScubaTech says they will not be taking the sand off the finger jetty itself so I imagine they are through there. The only thing I've heard that may interfere with diving the jetties is if they need to move the sand they piled up on land near there. They may use it for protecting homes on Holiday Island. Like SBM says, as long as they are not working near the jetties it's OK to dive.

Kewl Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom