Where should hose protectors go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knowone, what's a "swivel"? Can you send a picture?

OOPS. Tried the photo. Have to try again dude.

Hey diveshop dude!, I'd be happy to read your pages of stuff if it said diving or masks or hose protectors. Seems like yours popped out. Good to see your business is going well.

Is there a meter to guage the lack of bite strength of fish of differing opinion that laugh at their own jokes?

Hose "protectors", sometimes, do the opposite of protect, they hide corrosion and possible hose problems.

We use, on our regulators, a cap design that is easy to clean and easy to inspect. The cap design creates no stress on the hose.

If you do have hose protectors on your regs, as others have said, it is a very good idea to pull them back and inspect and clean the fittings frequently.

Hose "protectors", sometimes, do the opposite of protect, they hide corrosion and possible hose problems.

We use, on our regulators, a cap design that is easy to clean and easy to inspect. The cap design creates no stress on the hose.

If you do have hose protectors on your regs, as others have said, it is a very good idea to pull them back and inspect and clean the fittings frequently.

Got one of your 7 webbing pocket weight belts from 10 years ago real tough love it. Want another one? Are they still made the same? Cool.

Just talkin a bit of one on one dive gear business here.
Are you still theeere?

Knowone:

Check in with Tim and the lads in Australia @

Apollo Australia P/L
Unit 1, 20 Artisan Road, Seven Hills, NSW, 2147
TEL (61) 2 9620 9577
FAX (61) 2 9620 9744
URL Scuba Online - Online Shop

We do not have any pocket weight belts in our USA inventory.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Ok guys, there was some interesting viewpoints and helpful information for newer divers in this thread, but there is no reason to start making personal attacks and/or being rude. If you have nothing nice to say or contribute, go play in the PUB Forum.

Thank you...carry on!
Carolyn:shark2:
SB Moderator

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Ok guys, there was some interesting viewpoints and helpful information for newer divers in this thread, but there is no reason to start making personal attacks and/or being rude. If you have nothing nice to say or contribute, go play in the PUB Forum.

Thank you...carry on!
Carolyn:shark2:
SB Moderator
Message received on this end, I much prefer to play nice !

Most hose damage probably comes from being too tightly coiled up and just dumped in a bag for storage.

So I was replacing some hoses and I remembered this very heated thread.
They say a picture speaks a thousand words.
after 6 months of use, in a commercial environment, with no hose protectors....

No hose protectors.jpg
Corrosion and cracked outer sheaths on all of the hoses without hose protectors.
All of the hoses with the protectors have a similar amount of corrosion, but none have the same cracks in the outer sheath.
These are all primary second stage hoses. Octopus, spg and LPI hoses are showing the beginnings of the same damage.

Hose protectors belong in the trash. The serve no good use actually.
I've come to the conclusion that this is yet another gimmick the dive industry invented so they have something else to sell.

I know that I should put hose protectors on each hose on the 1st stage side. Should I also put the same protectors on the hoses arround the 2nd stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom