Where online to order housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright, another question by the board newbie:

Where are some good sites online to order camera housings (lowest price possible)?

Thanks again,

Aggie Diver

I know there are other people on the board who can give you more, perhaps more accurate info, but...

I know a lot of people have very positive things to say about Underwater Digital. I personally have not dealt with them, but again...I hear good things.

Matthew

www.adoramaphoto.com had some good prices on Ikelite housings - their Nikon Coolpix 5000 housing is $799.95 versus $950 RRP.

Never purchased from them though, but they've been around for a while.

Could you be more specific? What camera do you have or what housing do you have in mind?

Can't help you with prices or even housings unless I know what you're shopping for!

Looks like it will be a PT-010 (Olympus). Another question - is their a better depth-rated housing for the Olympus C-4000 (basically a C-4040) than the 90 ft. PT-010?

The backup plan is a Sony cam and their MK9 housing.

AD

Aggie Diver once bubbled...
Looks like it will be a PT-010 (Olympus). Another question - is their a better depth-rated housing for the Olympus C-4000 (basically a C-4040) than the 90 ft. PT-010?

The backup plan is a Sony cam and their MK9 housing.

AD

If you go with the PT-10, I can highly recommend Underwater Digital at $250.

The Ikelite housing is rated deeper but it also costs over twice as much. There is also the Tetra by Light and Motion for a little more than the Ikelite. If you were planning to add a strobe later, the clear housing allow you to do that. The metal Tetra housing will require you to have a strobe to get started.

That's interesting clive,

The majority of the dives I have done and see myself doing will be short of the 90 ft. depth, but I know there's at least one dive (in Hawaii) that's in about 110 ft. that I'd like to have the camera for.

Thanks Dee,

I think both the Ikelite and the Tetra are a little bit out of my price range right now.

Aggie Diver

Almost every one of us who have the PT-10 have taken it below the 30m mark with no problems. Personally I've had mine to 125ft or more several times with no problems other than some creaking and groaning which Olympus says is normal. It was scarey the first time I heard it!

I don't consistantly take it below the limit, but it's nice to know there's a little bit of lee-way in case I see something worth taking the chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom