Where is everyone on the 30th??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner:
I'll be heading to CSSP Sunday.
I live in Paris,Texas so my Wife Laura and 'Sealskin98' and sometimes even 'Foo' and Donald and 'FireFyter' and I go to Lake Broken Bow. I've seen your posts on the board before so "Hey There" :D Have you ever been to Broken Bow? It's pretty cool. You might want to try it sometime :14: Your in Stillwater Right? Thats closer to Lake Tenkiller( I got Certified there)

Yea, I live in Stillwater and also certified at Tenkiller. Who did you certify with? I go to Tenkiller quite often. I have never been to Broken Bow, so if you guys are out there sometime and don't mind an extra buddy, let me know!! I am always willing to drive and make weekend trips locally. Or, if any of the others are diving and don't mind another person, please let me know!! Rock on!

galscuba:
Yea, I live in Stillwater and also certified at Tenkiller. Who did you certify with? I go to Tenkiller quite often. I have never been to Broken Bow, so if you guys are out there sometime and don't mind an extra buddy, let me know!! I am always willing to drive and make weekend trips locally. Or, if any of the others are diving and don't mind another person, please let me know!! Rock on!

We did our Scuba classes at Nautical Adventures. Good 'Ole Tim Knight and T.J.
They take ya down to the bottom of the lake, sit ya on a stump and make ya do your skills. :D
Looks Like we'll see you next weekend ay Lake Murray!

galscuba:
What is everyone doing on the 30th of September? I get a long weekend and need to get out of this forsaken town! I am throwing around the idea of Lake Travis, Blue Hole, NM, or CSSP.
Did you get down to Lake Travis last weekend?

Uthrom & I met at Windy Point around 1pm on Friday and squeezed in a couple of dives. We had exchanged a couple of emails but this was our first face to face. While we prepared our gear, we talked over experience and planned the first dive.

It was my first time to Windy Point, but he did his OW training there and was a very capable tour guide. :)

The first dive we were the only ones in the water. We did a stop at one of the shallower platforms to do a check of equipment and get the OK from each other and then headed for a deeper platform and a tour of some of the underwater features, the shark, the turtle, a boat. Max depth recorded by my computer was 49' and bottom time was :32. Quite enjoyable.

During our surface interval we watched a techdiver finish gearing up and head into the water. It was fun watching his bubbles while we rested and prepared for the second dive. Another three divers arrived and prepared while we rested.

On the second dive, we passed the techdiver coming in right after descent and also were passed by another diver at one point during our dive. We spent much of this dive on or near one of the platforms practicing basic skills and taking pictures and video with my new camera, Sony DSC-W7, for practice. (Got to be ready for that Cozumel trip coming up this weekend. :thumb:) There were lots of fish. I saw three different types of perch I think and there were several moderately sized catfish checking us out. Bottom time was :49 and max depth 43'.

Vis was around 10' and water temp was 82 deg.

Very nice to meet uthrom and looking forward to diving with him again. I believe this was the first blind buddy experience for both and I was a bit nervous about it. But it was a very relaxing afternoon & I learned a lot from him both in and out of the water.

It felt so good to be underwater. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I didnt have to rush off and of course if the vis was 100' :)

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom