Where in Indonesia in March 2013?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from week in Komodo @ resort komodo seraya which is run by Italians on an island about 1 1/2 hr out of Labuanbajo. Great food. Probably best diving I ever had...one place must have had 50 plus Mantas...too much other stuff to list...almost mind blowing. Currents are heavy and European, metric standards were by far the majority. Got to go with komodo..driest area of indonesia...guides said Mantas there in numbers in Spring. Any way you can get there, either by liveaboards or other..do it. Top side stuff is pretty cool too.

I dove tulamben and Permutran en rt to Komodo...thought it was great until i experienced Komodo.

Hi all,

Very new to this forum so apologies for any netiquette violations (also for boring questions...)

Going with friends to Indonesia for a week / ten days of diving next March. Looks like either Manado/Bunkaen/Lembeh or Komodo could be on the menu. What do you advise (divers are reasonably experienced (100plus dives in Red Sea and Thailand))? We are looking for the big guys bit also for the macro, and nice coral (Thailand was "disappointing"...)... Most importantly, the dive outfit has to be really competent and professional....

I used Wicked once in Thailand, do you recommend them for a liveaboard in Komodo?

If we choose Manado, is Murex a good bet or are others better (I have read horror stories on the level of professionalism at some dive centres)?

Any hotels you can recommend (not five star, but comfy, please) at Manado or at Labuan Bajo?

Thanks for any assistance!

Best,

Rene

The resort you stayed in was seraya island bungalows? The little island off Komodo?

I think he's mismatching with Sebayur island where there is now a newly opened italian resort named Komodo Resort.

Thanks for all the replies and apologies for my late reaction.

Trip is now set for April, 6 day liveaboard at Komodo, am bearing in mind the time it takes to reach the area and the no-fly requirement after diving.

Will be using Wicked Diving, anyone have any experience with them? Anything I should keep in mind....?

Thanks again and best,

Rene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom