Where in Indonesia in March 2013?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Have been Philippines many time though malapascua and and dumaguete/Cebu still on list. I can say southern Leyte is awesome though I went in April. Am Looking at poss anilao a well. But v keen to hit eastern indo off the beaten track a bit.

Absolutely agree I think Don pokes his head around these parts from time to time. Very useful resource for the diver/traveller and hes not a bad photog to boot.

@Luko...We did a night dive at Tanjung Mandiol which was great with harlequin shrimp and sea hares etc.
I usually rate my dives by stars and I am looking at my log book and I have no stars on any dive at Batu Merah . At Bacan Island I have one star by a dive site there called Mangrove, otherwise no stars on the rest of the dives. After that I have 4 stars on that sea mount I was talking about but with no name or location. The dive before this one was at Batu Tiga North? As I said the boat we were on did not go to the good areas or even really to know the dive sites. We will have to go back to experience it again with a good operator. Sorry for the poor information.
Jake, Halmahera is also in my line of fire, though more landbased dives, I'd be interested to have a feedback on which parts you dived around? the good and the ugly : Tobelo, Morotai, Weda bay, Gura Ici, Jailolo, Ternate?

There is an alternative which is not. PM me for more details if you need.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I sent you a P.M.
Jake, would you mind disclosing what the name of the boat you were on was? You can PM me if you prefer, but it's just always good to hear about which boats to avoid when considering future trips. Thanks!

I went to Lembeh and komodo las time I was in Indonesia, and must say booth places is amazing.

In Lembeh I think I saw almost all makro on by bucket list. It's was really a great place. No good corals or big stuff, but for a few days of diving this place is great. I stayed at nad Lembeh http://www.nad-lembeh.com quite nice and not that expensive as other places in the region.

Komodo is great for corals and big stuff, I didn't see mantas :( but still great. I didn't do the liveabord option but satied at kanawa island. Cool, relaxed place, very basic but beautiful - The diving was great only one hour away from the good sites - Kanawa Island Diving
Must say the resort standard was very bad, simple rooms and boring food. If you can live with that this place will blow you away.

.... I stayed at nad Lembeh http://www.nad-lembeh.com quite nice and not that expensive as other places in the region.

Must say the resort standard was very bad, simple rooms and boring food.
You've discovered the connection between these two comments already, right?

You've discovered the connection between these two comments already, right?

one was in lembeh and the other was around komodo...
both are in indonesia...
both were lived at by the same person.....
both came up in the same reply....
otherwise,no....

one was in lembeh and the other was around komodo...
both are in indonesia...
both were lived at by the same person.....
both came up in the same reply....
otherwise,no....
If I misinterpreted the last paragraph (bad resort standard) as only referring to the second paragraph (Komodo resort), then I stand partially corrected. The point was - and is still valid - is that when a person chooses to stay at the budget option (keeping in mind that "budget" is a relative term here, and the Komodo resort was also the budget option) then they should not be surprised when standards are not all that great. I was not sure if Torben was expressing surprise or not, hence the question. :)

i do know about the kanawa resort????wich has tents for 70,000,and bungalows at 300,000...the resort????has crap food,so bring your own,but the diving is on the doorstep(beach out front)....and supposedly fantastic

Rene,
Have you decided on your Indonesia trip? My buddy and I are doing Raja Ampat March 18-28 with Grand Komodo on TemuKira.
We are the only two so far, and need two more to make the trip go. Can you join us?
Trevor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom