Where in APAC to do Rescue Course…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in Bali in April 2023, happy to help out. @ScubaWithTurk is there year round and I can vouch for his training standards as well. Also happy any time to talk through the different agency options/issues.

Whatever you do you wont regret taking Rescue.
Thanks. I will ping you if I decide Bali in April. Would be great to talk to you and learn some things.

Cheers

Thanks. I will ping you if I decide Bali in April. Would be great to talk to you and learn some things.

Cheers

If you do come in April, you would have myself and @RainPilot on the course. If you decide on a different time, let me know and we can discuss your options and run through how the RAID Master Rescue course is run.

If you do come in April, you would have myself and @RainPilot on the course. If you decide on a different time, let me know and we can discuss your options and run through how the RAID Master Rescue course is run.
Ok. I’ll try to make it. What are the water temps there like in April? Last time I went in August and Sept IIRC I had to layer up with two suits, one 5mm on top at Nusa Penida. Currently waiting for a shipment of a new 3mm I ordered from a local dealer that may take a few months by container ship.

PS: Followed you on Instagram …

Ok. I’ll try to make it. What are the water temps there like in April? Last time I went in August and Sept IIRC I had to layer up with two suits, one 5mm on top at Nusa Penida. Currently waiting for a shipment of a new 3mm I ordered from a local dealer that may take a few months by container ship.

Nusa is cold due to the confluence of currents, Amed is quite a bit warmer. I normally dive rash guard and shorts, maybe a 3mm on a chilly day. YMMV and Turk can tell you the actual temps right now

Current water temps are 26c at 35m and 25c at 40m

I briefly looked at sliders earlier (a metal version) but didn’t get around to actually buying one - my BP/W is an XDeep Zen, and it weaves the shoulder section thrice through as many slots before emerging at the waist - will sliders work for this configuration? Currently I have to push the harness from one side to loosen it before pulling on the the now loosened extra looped bit hovering in the air - on a slot by slot basis. One can’t just pull at one end and make it slide. So I am unsure if sliders will work for this model. Or will it work if I use two sliders between the three slots on either (or both) side(s)?

Thank you for the vote of confidence is PADI and yes I read many such opinions that’s why I want to do it. In the class I hope there will be a mix of jacket style BCD users as well as BP/W so I can get some practice with dealing with both in the water for an unconscious diver scenario. So yes I plan to work on the exact dates only when notified by an instructor about a batch enrollment.
I don't know for sure, but I suspect you'd have to use multiple sliders, and I don't know how effective they'd be...

That being said, if you end up taking the course with @RainPilot and @ScubaWithTurk, you could ask them what they think... I doubt you'll have a problem.

What are the water temps there like in April?
At Tulamben last April/May 2022 the water temps were 30C

I don't know for sure, but I suspect you'd have to use multiple sliders, and I don't know how effective they'd be...

I hope those specific items you listed are available at Bali dive shops. Will check when I am there. I think they will work , two on the left side should suffice, because I don’t want to slide the buckle side of the harness. Not a bank breaking experiment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom