Where do you store your lens cover during a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All, I was wondering where you all store your camera lens cover while diving?

I usually keep the cover in my dry suit pocket however I lost mine while on a dive and so I had to make another one.

Thanks

I have a piece of cave line that ties to a small hole in the side of my cover. The other end of the line is tied to one of my strobe arms. The cover just floats around while taking pics, but I don't loose it.

I put mine in my BC's little mesh pocket.

Stuffing the neoprene covers inside my wetsuit neck seal works great for me - judging by the drysuit in your profile pic that may not work so well for you though!

But, if you're diving warm water the 'inside the wetsuit neck seal' works a treat :)

On a boat dive I ask the driver to look after it.
I have a simillar problem with my diffuser, thats on a thread attached to my strobe. It can float infront of the strobe at the wrong moment but I have not found a suitable alternative yet.

BCD pocket

On the boat?

N

I bought an awesome "cooler" bag at Costco that my whole camera fits in. I keep the lens cover in it back on the boat while diving. I think it was only about 10 bucks and its about 20x20" with a zipper on top and insulated lining to keep the camera cool between dives.

The neoprene cover for my 8" dome is incredibly buoyant to the extent you feel it pulling you so it stays on the boat. I need to find another solution to protecting the dome underwater.

Butt D-ring.

The largest I have is a 8" Ikelite dome port cover, and once at the bottom I use a double-ender to clip it to my butt D-ring - where it stays until the end of the dive.

Back
Top Bottom