Where do you keep your stuff when diving Sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my last few dives, I was playing around with concepts for stowing back-up light/s on my sidemount cylinders. I added a loop of bungee to the cylinder neck, then clipped the torch on there (bolt-snap). The torch was then stowed securely under a 3" rubber band around the tank. The torch/es were quite accessible.

Huh... this sounds interesting. I'm going to try this.

Mine are currently snapped to a chest d-ring, then aimed up and velcroed to my shoulders (I'm using the velcro loops for my power inflators to secure my lights, Hollis SMS100D). It works fine, but I'd just as soon not have them there, too much clutter IMO. I dive wet, so I don't have any pockets.

My next wetsuit will have thigh pocket glued to it for extra goodies.

My next wetsuit will have thigh pocket glued to it for extra goodies.

Thigh pockets don't work so well with sidemount, as they do with backmount. You'll want to experiment with the placing of the pockets - typically more towards the front of the thighs, than on the sides.

Helmets work well for mounting back-up lights, but I find the racket of the bubbles inside makes me crazy after a while. I'm going to try putting the lights someplace else and ditching the helmet.

Thigh pockets don't work so well with sidemount, as they do with backmount. You'll want to experiment with the placing of the pockets - typically more towards the front of the thighs, than on the sides.

Hrmm good point. Thanks.

I tried a big clip-on-my-butt-ring pouch once, but it was just too much with the other things i had clipped there.. of course with the right pouch I guess I could stow some of that extra gear in there and not have it all out... (backup mask, extra spools, primary reel, camera..it all adds up)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom