Where did you get OW certified?

Where did you get scuba certified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I discovered one had to be certified to get a tank fill, I went with Los Angeles County's program nearly 50 years ago viaRon Merker's Aquatic Center in Newport Beach

Reactions: mdb
Local dive shop in Wheeling, West Virginia. T.L Velas Diving SSI. Ted is a great instructor and diver

Classroom and pool work in New York City. Open water in Maui.

OW certified by a private instructor, did the classroom portions in his basement which was like a dive museum. My remaining certs were through the local dive shop which was not around when I did the OW class.

4 days in Mexico and 'you are a diver'. Enjoy diving ever since

Got certified while living in Thailand. Local dive shop on my island. All subsequent certifications up to DM have been back in the USA with my local dive shop.

When I discovered one had to be certified to get a tank fill, I went with Los Angeles County's program nearly 50 years ago viaRon Merker's Aquatic Center in Newport Beach

The late legend, Ron Merker, with his speargun shock cord belt was truly a great teacher.

I remember doing "wash ups" on the rocks off Newport Beach and other exercises that made
a "normal" dive feel safe and calm.

The LA county program was a benchmark.

I also was fortunate enough to have a very good NAUI instructor, Bill Costello, who did a great
job teaching rescue diver courses, lot of harassment, but lots of fun.

I received my PADI Open Water certification in Aruba. Neither of the instructors who taught me are there anymore though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom