Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yesterday, dove Sund Rock up in Hoodsport, WA. best viz i've had at that site...probably about 30' viz under the first thermo.

1st dive: 53 mins, 49'max, 3 giant pacific octos, and 9! wolfies!
2nd dive: 47 min, ~75'max, 4 additional wolfies, and 2 new octos. 1 female and she was dying. another male was out and we (gently) followed him for about 20 yds as he made his way in and out of various holes.

Went to a party cove in the Ohio river near Louisville this weekend. It was the darkest and murkiest water I've ever been in. When touched bottom at 70' vis was zero. I couldn't read my depth or pressure even though it was right in front of my mask with my light shining on it. Makes me appreciate the rescue/recovery guys that dive those types of places looking for bodies and things.

Still had a good time though. It's always good to get wet and blow bubbles. :D

Yesterday, two dives in a lake (Nagoldtalsperre)

15 °C, and low visibility at the bottom. Actually we were holding hands. :-D
Anyway, it was fun and we enjoyed the last sunny days this years.

(Winter is coming...) :-D

Yesterday at Randolph Recreational Marina. High 70's and vis about 5'.

Today...the bath tub :)

Yesterday @ Lake Mohave. 1st dive, Mile Marker 12, max depth 64', duration 82 minutes, average water temp 73F, vis was a crappy 30' (algae bloomed last weekend). 2nd dive, Gasoline Alley and main channel, max depth 52', duration 94 minutes, average water temp 74F, vis was 10'-20' (lots of boat traffic).

yesterday, dove Sund Rock up in Hoodsport, WA. best viz i've had at that site...probably about 30' viz under the first thermo. 1st dive: 53 mins, 49'max, 3 giant pacific octos, and 9! wolfies! 2nd dive: 47 min, ~75'max, 4 additional wolfies, and 2 new octos. 1 female and she was dying. another male was out and we (gently) followed him for about 20 yds as he made his way in and out of various holes.
Great dive report, thanks, I'm familiar with that site and it sounds like a good day. Got to get back up there soon, I usually dive the canal once or twice a year. Are you a local? I'm in Oregon.

Today (Wed, Sep. 22, 2010) I dove Crater Lake, my twice-annual volunteer working dive, to drop their tour boat bouys off the chains on the deep anchors (in Fall) or float and re-attach the chains to the bouys (in early Summer). The concessionaire motors our gear down (and back up) the steep trail and treats us to lunch, t-shirt, hats, that sort of thing. It's really the only sane way to dive Crater Lake since the park service prohibits private individuals from using any sort of wheeled device to get their gear down (and back) the one-mile switchback trail to the lake from the rim drive.

So: lake surface 6100 feet or so above sea level, surface water temp about 50F, vertical viz (from the surface down) for my old eyes maybe 80 feet. The park reports much much better viz using their Secchi disks. Temps colder lower, naturally. Water color an impossible spectacular blue (see my profile image), equaled in my experience only by the water South of Turkey (Homer's "wine-dark sea").

-Bryan

I swan Crate Lake last summer, and one of the park guys told me I could bribe him into running my scuba gear down that trail on their tractor:D (after I was already down there). Maybe next time I'm up there. Do you ever dive Clear Lake up in Santiam?? I dove it in a 3mil wetsuit!! I know I'm crazy, but who could pass up vis like that?!?

I'm diving in Jeddah this weekend . Today we dived "Boiler Wreck", Äfrican Wreck" and Durrah Reef (about 25 nautical miles out from Jeddah) 30 m vis 31C bottom temp. Great day. Planning a couple of shore dives for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom