Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a short dive at Crashboat in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico with a 10 ft vis. The weather has been bad the last 3-4 weeks. Hope this week is better and I can dive more offten. Today the dive site had only about 10 divers and had a good time testing my scooter.

Attachments

• Crashboat1.jpg
    Crashboat1.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 62
  • cashboat0.jpg
    cashboat0.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 54
  • crashboat2.jpg
    crashboat2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 56
  • cashboat4.jpg
    cashboat4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Did the Alsea Crab Hole (Waldport, Oregon USA) Friday. Wonderful dive, decent vis at 6-8 ft (2 to 2.5 meters). Saw lots of crabs - big females, and got 4 legal males. I ate mine today - nice and meaty!!! Nothing beats dungeness crabs.

Did two dives today in Germany in a nice quarry where you can find a sunken forest. Besides the lake is known to have extremely blue waters ... in contrast to the greenish waters that you usually find here.

Had a lot of fun... :D

How beautiful! What is the name and where in Germany is this Quarry? I'm going to have to add it to my list :D

Dove Dalco Wall in Tacoma, WA yesterday. Vis was great about 30 ft. 54 degrees.

This was my first “big” wall. Starts at about 50ft and drops down to about 180
I swam up to the ledge and just looked over into that black abyss.
There was another pair of divers that went over ahead of us, and I just watched them sink into the darkness, watching their lights slowly fade.
It was intimidating.
Then I went over. Wow! It was a thrill.

We just let the current pull us along, just hovering and watching the wall pass us by
The other divers that went over ahead of us signaled, wanting to show us this big, beautiful octo that was in the wall at the 100ft mark.

It was a short dive 22 minutes in all, but it was one of the most thrilling dive yet. Going over that edge is something that won’t forget.

Last Friday, dove the Riv Tow Lion and HMCS Cape Breton in Nanaimo BC. Great vis at 80+ feet on the Breton. Saturday, dove Dodd's Narrows (30ft vis, 3kt current - whee!) and HMCS Saskatchewan (80+ foot vis). Sunday, dove Snake Island wall (80 foot vis) and the Saskatchewan again (50-80 foot vis). Great weekend.

How beautiful! What is the name and where in Germany is this Quarry? I'm going to have to add it to my list :D

Yes it is beautiful! ... but I don't know if it's worth a trip from Texas though :wink:

The quarry's name is 'Blauer See' (blue lake) and it is located in a small village called Pretzien (mid-east Germany; 2 hours drive from Berlin). If you come over to dive here, send me a PM :D

For your pleasure, three more pics of the sunken forest ...

Attachments

• P1010170_20101002.jpg
    P1010170_20101002.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010174_20101002.jpg
    P1010174_20101002.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 60
  • P1010197_20101002.jpg
    P1010197_20101002.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 44
My buddy and I dove off Destin, Florida, on Saturday and made additional dives at Vortex and Morrison Springs near there. Sure, it took me 14 hours driving both ways, but it was worth it! It was also worth the trip to talk to the locals concerning the effects of the oil spill. Bottom line...the oil didn't affect them at all (or virtually had no effect), but the effects of the NEWS MEDIA blitz (or should I say blitzkreg?) were DEVASTATING. Their collective opinion is that sensationalistic journalism destroyed their season and left their local economy greatly weakened.

But the diving is good and the pool's still open, at least for a little while. Do what we did and go have fun!

Yes it is beautiful! ... but I don't know if it's worth a trip from Texas though :wink:

The quarry's name is 'Blauer See' (blue lake) and it is located in a small village called Pretzien (mid-east Germany; 2 hours drive from Berlin). If you come over to dive here, send me a PM :D

For your pleasure, three more pics of the sunken forest ...

Holy crap, it's Yoda's swamp from Empire Strike's Back! Those are some awesome pictures.

Six great dives for Canadian Thanksgiving weekend:

Wreck of the Arabia twice (first time it was 55F all the way to the bottom at 107 ft, no thermocline, I've not experienced that before)
San Jacinto
City of Cleveland
Forest City
Daves Bay shore bimble

The water is still really warm, and today the air temp was 20 degrees celsius...

I give great thanks for this beautiful place, Tobermory, and for the ability for me to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom