Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Thursday I dove to 264' to recover a lost acoustical array at the Deepwater LNG port in Gloucester, MA. It was lost last year and we managed to drop our shot line withing five feet of the unit. I had it in my hand and tied it with a jon line to the shot line anchor (my partner managed to dissapear during the last 60' of the descent and he had the lift bag designated for the recovery). On my way back 'up' the shot line I encountered my buddy just AFTER he had cut away our ascent line which he'd become entangled in.

264' down in pitch black, 40 degree water in the middle of nowhere with no ascent line to the surface is NOT the type of dive I enjoy, just in case anyone wonders. But regardless, we shot bags and did our decos just fine, though I never saw my partner during the entire deco (55 min) and I had thought the worst had happened. Again - not exactly the type of enjoyable, post recovery euphoria dive I was hoping for...

So in two weeks I am going back to try to recover both the acoustical pop-up unit AND the anchor to the shot line it's tied to...

Oh - and I did a pair of dives on the Doria in July and dove with Gary Gentile on his 190th dive on the wreck (!). Those dives seems like a walk in the park...

john

Another Wednesday night dive at Bainbridge, PA

Maximum Depth: 87 ft.

Duration: 37 minutes

Coldest temp: 42º

Viz? hahahahahaha!

Dove "the Crack" last night. About a 100 meter penetration. PLan on the "Eagles Nest" Friday afternoon if I get out of work early enough.

Picked a beach to scooter with my wife and she spotted a shape under the sand which she wanted to go look at. After digging for a bit she uncovered a complete .50cal Browning! Water temp was 84 with great visibility!!

2777635730100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Day Island Wall ... 71 fsw max depth, 70 minutes bottom time.

Saw five giant pacific octopus and six wolf eels ...

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Picked a beach to scooter with my wife and she spotted a shape under the sand which she wanted to go look at. After digging for a bit she uncovered a complete .50cal Browning! Water temp was 84 with great visibility!!
Cool!
Which part of the world was this?

Lousy vis, slightly improved at depth.

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
449|Bergse Diepsluis|72 Minutes|12M/39Ft|20C/68F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Cool!
Which part of the world was this?

This is from Okinawa and the arms are vintage WW2 stuff... here is me with a little .30cal carbine I found last week... the wood was still on the forearm!
2262074430100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Dolfijntje,again trying to find sepiola.Non found this time.
11M 79min. Viz. where,what,couldn't see it.:D

Back
Top Bottom