Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had 3 great boat dives here in Okinawa. It was really good conditions today and on the way back we were lucky enough to see a mother whale and her calf. A nice bonus to a great day.

Humber Bay, Toronto, Ontario.

43 min, 2C/35F water temp, 10C/50F air temp
9m/26ft max depth, about 3m/10 ft viz which went downhill the farther out you got.

Lake Ontario was as flat as glass. The fog made quite an image. Pretty soon with all this warm sunny weather the ice should be off Georgian Bay.

Attachments

• mar 15 10 am 3x.jpg
    mar 15 10 am 3x.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 42
  • mar 15 divemobile x.jpg
    mar 15 divemobile x.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 38
Humber Bay, Toronto, Ontario.

43 min, 2C/35F water temp, 10C/50F air temp
9m/26ft max depth, about 3m/10 ft viz which went downhill the farther out you got.

Lake Ontario was as flat as glass. The fog made quite an image. Pretty soon with all this warm sunny weather the ice should be off Georgian Bay.

The lake looks great. I need to find out where eactly that is and get out there in the spring.

Did three good dives of the SoCal coast. Thanks Billy!

Better do it now, Scubasteve001, the Canada goose poop is at an all-time low on the grass around the parking lot :wink:

Once the grass starts to grow and the geese are hanging out, you better wash your boots off carefully....

*QEW to Park Lawn exit, go south to the lake, turn right on Lakeshore Dr, then almost immediately turn left into Humber Bay Park WEST (not East). Keep to the right on all park roads, go past the marina and voila, the parking lot for this dive site will show up on your left. If you go too far, there's only one more parking lot and a 300 metre walk back to the entrance shown in the photo.

Well not actually today but did 4 days at South West Rocks (8 dives) in Fishrock Cave heaps og Grey Nurse Sharks and a couple of Turtles the main attractions, and This Saturday did one at Bare Island, our favourite local dive site.

Hey Shoredivr have you put away the chainsaw for another year yet????

Ray of Hope, off Nassau. Stunning!
reef sharks cruising by, two small but perfectly formed southern sting rays and a plethora of the usual suspects and a bloody great Logger Head back at the surface to wave us off! (only the second i've ever seen)
Private charter from a work colleague who's reasonably priced and safe! (Bring you own tanks)

Luck Lucky Lucky!!!

(What a great idea for a thread! I must Scubaboard with my eyes shut to have missed this one. I wish i'd taken photos. some of these are GREAT!)

In a swimming pool, finishing my confined dives, hehehe.
Not much scenery... but good company... and the water was a nice 85F!

Hey Shoredivr have you put away the chainsaw for another year yet????

Yes, I think it's that time of year...:D....this ice map is just for the Great Lakes, not the smaller ones. Last time I looked at it a couple of weeks ago, it was solid red over all of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay except for a tiny little bit in the middle of Lake Huron that was open. I've not seen that much solid ice on Huron before, looked like you could drive a snowmobile clear across to Michigan...:wink:

http://ice-glaces.ec.gc.ca/prods/NAIS25ECT/20090315180000_NAIS25ECT_0004270732.gif

Now there's open blue water almost from Wiarton to Tobermory at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom