Solved: Where did my personal details go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was quite surprised, and almost blinded, by the look of the new Scubaboard page. The biggest surprise came when i looked at my profile and found out that all of my personal details are gone, my diving history, all my liked posts... Yep, gone, everything about me. Why? Where did it go? Has anybody else had this happen?

I re-wrote a bunch of stuff--and then wrote it out on paper for safe keeping.

Yup, personal details and the like are pretty much history. Remember how many months it took to iron the kinks out of the last 'upgrade'?

I am trying to find a page that is similar to the user CP from the old SB. I always logged into that page and it showed all of my subscribed threads and also the subscribed forums.

No problem finding the threads, but I am unable to find the subscribed forums. It says I have none..ok, but I cannot figure out how to subscribe to a forum...

Edit: Update., some good news:

I see that the custom user profile fields that SB created didn't make it. I should be able to restore those. Give me a little time.

Last edited:
I am trying to find a page that is similar to the user CP from the old SB. I always logged into that page and it showed all of my subscribed threads and also the subscribed forums.

No problem finding the threads, but I am unable to find the subscribed forums. It says I have none..ok, but I cannot figure out how to subscribe to a forum...

Click on a forum, at the top right of the forum click on "watch forum". When you want to view all of your subscribed forums click on your username and then "personal details" then "watched forums" to the left.

From any page, hover over your icon/username for all of the functions of the old UserCp plus more in one place.
From any of the Community pages you should see both Watched Forums and Watched Threads text links at the top left just below the menubar.

Once in a specific forum, Watch Forum is a link just above the first post on the right.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Funny how this new board will tell you how many posts you've made since in joined, but it completely wiped out all the Likes (I had almost 25,000) ... and now I get to start all over again. Not a big deal ... but it would've been nice to hit that milestone, which was only a couple weeks away.

Personally, I don't much care for the new ScubaBoard look or functionality ... I'm getting a lot of useless "alerts" all of a sudden, and the "unread" messages go back much further than yesterday.

Big thumbs down from this user ... I think the board's much harder to navigate and use now than it was before ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Most of my profile/Personal Details information is gone. Is that normal for this conversion?

Also, all the adds show whether "Display Ads for Supporting Members:" under Browsing Preferences is set to No or Yes.

Are all the "Likes" and "Thanks" also gone again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom