Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez Bob,

If I knew you were going to be living the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" I'd have asked to carry your UW system!

LOL......

Looks like it was true adventure and glad you're having fun with the camera system.

Take care!

David Haas
David Haas Underwater Photography

Soakedlontra,
It was great to dive not only with my friends, but also with my wife Susanne and I caught
this great view of Susanne’s Tan Delta Flying Force Fins moving down the reef when we were coming into a nice school of fish toward the end of our dive.
sc_fytd_be.jpg

L

After being out of the water for about 2 months last Sunday I was glad to find out that I am not that rusty after all!

H20Cosmic_Dust.jpg

Can you see Sam's delta green Force Fins in the distance surrounded by underwater cosmic dust?
Believe me! I swear they are there somewhere!

Ciao to Susanna

I cannot wait to sit on that airplane to Puerto Rico to have a break from this 'cosmical' low visibility and at last see my buddy's fins and fish as clearly as you and TN Traveler did!

One way to cope in this nebulous watery mass is to glue your eyes to the bottom:

Striped_Nudi.jpg

CKelp_Crab.jpg

The marine animals that I was able to see seemed totally oblivious to the amount of suspended particles that were leisurely floating in the water column and coating everything with a thin layer of dust.
I wondered why their respiratory organs didn't clog up...

Last edited:
Soakedlontra

That picture was just one of many - I just liked it because of the color and fish position. We probably saw (and photographed) 50 Queen Angelfish - and there were probably as many Grays and French as well. Most of the time you get pictures of pairs.

Being able to see the critters clearly is a major reason I have become addicted to warm water diving. Although I admit you get to see some very unique ones - but I'm not sure I want to put up with diving in cold water.

You will enjoy tropical diving but I really wish you were going somewhere other than PR - it is not a premiere dive location except in a couple of places. I hope you enjoy your diving and take lots of pictures.

Soakedlontra

Being able to see the critters clearly is a major reason I have become addicted to warm water diving. Although I admit you get to see some very unique ones - but I'm not sure I want to put up with diving in cold water.

I must say it is not for everyone. Sometimes I still wonder what the hell I am doing!

You will enjoy tropical diving but I really wish you were going somewhere other than PR - it is not a premiere dive location except in a couple of places. I hope you enjoy your diving and take lots of pictures.

I certainly did enjoy my first warm water dives in Roatan last year. Ideally I would have liked to go to the Far East but right now those diving destinations are off limits. I got the impression that Puerto Rico does not seem to have a reputation for its diving sites but I should be thankful that I have some extra money to go somewhere warm at all! Beside I do like challenges who knows I may discover places that nobody else has ever thought existed in PR!:wink:

I hope that my buddy and I are not going to fight over the camera too much...

I hope that my buddy and I are not going to fight over the camera too much...

We solved that by her buying me a Video Camera last year - so she gets the camera and I get to take videos (and then have to do the production work afterwards, which is much harder than using PS to clean up still pictures. :) )

If you can get to the east end of the island I understand the diving is pretty good - plus you get to go through the Rain Forest. It seems the north shore (where all the resorts are) is the worst diving.

Enjoy the trip no matter what - and who know what the ocean might bring to you - hope it is good. :D

We solved that by her buying me a Video Camera last year - so she gets the camera and I get to take videos (and then have to do the production work afterwards, which is much harder than using PS to clean up still pictures. :) )

If you can get to the east end of the island I understand the diving is pretty good - plus you get to go through the Rain Forest. It seems the north shore (where all the resorts are) is the worst diving.

Enjoy the trip no matter what - and who know what the ocean might bring to you - hope it is good. :D

Funny that you mention that you have a video and she has a still camera. Sam, my husband, cares more about taking videos and I like to take both even if shooting stills is a lot harder especially when you have a cheap strobe light and an arm that is as stiff as a crowbar like ours! I have been doing all the editing for both videos and most of the stills so far. So we are thinking about getting a proper HD video camera even if the idea of being able to take stills and HD video clips with one compact camera (like the G12 for instance or even smaller) it is very handy when I go backpacking. We will see...

About PR I have read that off the northern/western shore there is an island where the visibility is supposed to be over 100 ft all year around and it is considered to be the best place to dive. Then Sam discovered that apparently another good spot is an island off the southern/eastern shore. It could be the same place that you are talking about. I am planning to check them out both. Apparently in a bay on the southern shore there is the highest concentration of bioluminescent dinoflagellates in the world. I cannot wait to go there for a night swim!

I think Sam has found the two best diving location on the island!

PR is a big island and the roads are not great, so getting around is not quick. North to South is even worse than East to West. And the drivers are loco!:wink:

Guthrie water is warm, so any dive can be a great dive.

Dive Safely

I think Sam has found the two best diving location on the island!

PR is a big island and the roads are not great, so getting around is not quick. North to South is even worse than East to West. And the drivers are loco!:wink:

Guthrie water is warm, so any dive can be a great dive.

Dive Safely

About drivers being loco I think it is the Lonely Planet guide book that strongly reccomends visitors not to argue with them at all!

Thank you very much!

ciao amigo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom