Where can I find HID 10w MR11 12v replacement bulb ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trappist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My brother and I have both a GreenForce lamp with an HID head 10w 6 or 13degrees and his just broke. I know these are tricky to change, but to get it serviced it would cost him ~250 euros, a new head can be bought complete for ~275EUR!
He's in Europe, I'm in US and I'm sure we can find identical replacement bulbs for much less, especially if we gain on the $-EUR change rate ;o)

Do you guys have any idea where we can find such bulbs ? I have done some extensive searches on the net, but could not make sure 100% that I was finding the right bulb.

I hope some of you will direct us to the right solution...

I'm also building my LED myself but had to put this project on hold during my assignment in US... I will get back to it when I go back. Could not finish it as I was changing my mind all the time on the way to do it ;o) Now I'm pretty much clear on which materials to use for both the head and the battery canister so I will be able to move forward easily ! In the meantime I read with a lot of attention all your posts ;o)

Now you definitely got my interest !!
\How would you proceed to upgrade a Greenforce head into a Led ? Since it is dead anyway, the risk is low... I also have a spare head with an Halogen Bulb I was keeping as "backup" which I might use to actually convert into LED.

I have some experienc, as I'm building a tri-led head right now Everything works well. I'm just afraid to touch the greenforce head ;o)

I think I could do it :wink: but not sure my bro would until I'm back !

Back
Top Bottom