Where can I find a list of hyperbaric facilities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DropkickMurphy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am just curious as to if there is somewhere I could find a list of hyperbaric facilities in the US. I'm especially interested in Michigan because that's where I am going to be moving to next year and I would like to gain experience in hyperbaric medicine. Thanks everyone.

I'm pretty sure that DAN has a list .. will look .. Nope , still looking, will check my log book ... I know that I have seen a list, maybe here

D_B:
I'm pretty sure that DAN has a list .. will look .. Nope , still looking, will check my log book ... I know that I have seen a list, maybe here

Why DAN Doesn't Provide Chamber Location Information

DAN frequently consults on the care, transport and hyperbaric treatment of injured divers, but does not provide chamber location information. This is an effort to get divers with a suspected Decompression Illness into hospital care. In the past, divers would often drive past legitimate healthcare facilities to get to a recompression chamber. Even when divers surface with clear symptoms of an arterial gas embolism, the treatment of choice is the local emergency service and hospital. Your best option is to use existing emergency services for an injured diver.

Good one Mania, thanks ... and I think that It's good that you posted what DAN has to say about Medical help being the most important thing DropKick

Looks like I'll have to forget the idea of hyperbaric medicine as an option since there is not a chamber within a decent distance of Saginaw. :( Thanks for your help guys!

Back
Top Bottom