Where can I buy surgical tubing for dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have Diving Concepts dry gloves and I want to use surgical tubing to equalize the pressure.

What size tubing do I need and where can I get it? Is it available at Rite-Aid or Walmart?

Thanks!

Thanks for the help (and link)!

Most hardware stores carry surgical tubing as do nearly all drug stores and med supply companies as well as a few hobby shops. The stuff is not hard to find, you certainly do not need to order it from Leisure Pro.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
you certainly do not need to order it from Leisure Pro.

If he eventualy plans on using it for more than just gloves it's a good deal. At fifty cents per foot, I haven't found a better value locally.

I pay between .79 and .99 per foot locally for surgical tubing depending on size which is more expensive than LP but then I also do not have to pay shipping, so unless you are buying large quantities or compbining it with something else from LP, you are not going to save any money. I can also cut that price nearly in half at the hardware store if I buy it in 50' rolls. And in either case, I get immediate gratification. :)

Spending money mail order is in my opinion and generally speaking bad business and bad for the community as a whole when you could find the same item locally. My thought was to give him an idea of the local options rather than just steer him toward LP.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...

Spending money mail order is in my opinion and generally speaking bad business and bad for the community as a whole when you could find the same item locally. My thought was to give him an idea of the local options rather than just steer him toward LP.

Tax and shipping cancel each other out, and I also gave him some local ideas. I'm still waiting for someone to actually prove that shopping for the best deal is going to cause society to come crashing down :)

What I've found works well is taking an old sock and cutting two holes in the end.. one for four of your fingers and one for your thumb. Put this on under the drysuit seals. Works like a charm and is a more elegant solution, imo, than tubing.

But if you put a hole in a glove, you can still quickly remove the tubing to restore the seal and keep the rest of you from getting soaked.

Besides, rather than using a sock, it works just as well to just put the glove liner on before you don the suit and use the fabric of the glove to equalize under the seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom