Where can I buy a Fred T BP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have not bougt my back plate yet, but I am soon. I was looking into making my own harness rig, and was told that the Fred T was the way to go for me. I have never dove on the Fred T so if anyone can tell me how it is before I jump into a sale. I want to "BE FREE" and switch to a back plate. Does anyone know where I can get the Fred T and about how much it would cost? I have been looking online and I have not found anything that was even remotely close. Please Help?

FredT is a user on this board - here's his info:

FredT

Just send him a private message.

One of these days (tomorrow I hope) I'll get off my butt and send him the money for the STA I told him I'd buy off him! :small:

Originally posted by jeepster0000
I have not bougt my back plate yet, but I am soon. I was looking into making my own harness rig, and was told that the Fred T was the way to go for me. I have never dove on the Fred T so if anyone can tell me how it is before I jump into a sale. I want to "BE FREE" and switch to a back plate. Does anyone know where I can get the Fred T and about how much it would cost? I have been looking online and I have not found anything that was even remotely close. Please Help?

Click Here for FredT's email. Tell him I gave it to you! You can get everything you need for your BP from Fred...he one of the good guys!

AUL (American Underwater Lighting) has them on sale with a harness for $50.00

Just click on the link below and then on thier AUL Specials Link on the left. They use FredT BP's and market them under the AUL name. I LOVE my FredT BP!!!!!

Happy shopping....

American Underwater Lighting

As Bengiddens said, Fred is a member on this board. You can contact him directly at ftagge@goldinc.com. He has two patterns and two weights.

I am very pleased with his plate. I took mine to the local boat prop repair shop and they polished it for me. The result was super. I have compared Fred's to OMS and Halcyon plates. Needless to say, I think Fred's is better and costs less.

Having said that, plates are like most other diving gear. It gets down to personal preference and fit.

Justy my $.02

DSAO,
Larry

Originally posted by Windknot

They use FredT BP's and market them under the AUL name. I LOVE my FredT BP!!!!!

[/URL]

Please note:

I provide only _stainless_ plates to AUL. At this time they do their own aluminum plates to different specifications.

Correction: 02-21-8:40PM CST

OOPS It's time for me to eat a bit of crow. It's been a while since I checked AUL's wing page and hadn't seen the new version they have out. The new production plate shown now has "Pioneer Wing" type slots. I don't know if they fit, but will assume they do unless told otherwise by someone who has tried to make it fit and failed.

FT

I really think it's great that we have so many "movers and shakers" like Fred T here on the board. You don't have to go far to get solid answers to your questions...

Thanks guys, I am probably going to by my back plate soon. Now where to get Halcyon wing. Hmmmmmmmm:D . sooner or later I will stop pesteting everybody on the best pace to get gear, and do more diving, but until then........Thanks everybody for your help

Mea Culpa Fred,

I knew as soon as I logged off earlier that I should have checked with you first. DANG!!

I guess I'll just have to order some more stuff to make up for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom