Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROFL!

Yep, you been there!

No, you can find my keys a foot off the left side of the steps, in a box, in the mud, in Belmar.
Where in Belmar--The R.R. Bridge? Oh wait, think that's Pt. Pleasant. You know that place -- Shark River, the back bay--where you park on Lincoln Street or just in the parking lot by the boat ramp?--I always hide my key under the back of the outhouse there--just enough room to get it in there (from the outside) and out of sight.

OMG, you're a native!

Nope, they moved us. No more entering at the boat ramp. (you won't believe what it looks like now. Clue: long overdue dredging) Belmar made a *high dollar* diver's only entry in Maclearie Park. Huge. I'll be forever grateful. I make it a point to buy my gas in town, hoagie, whatever else I need. I go out of my way to shop there when I'm in the area.

Yeah, the steps at Maclearie park. Our steps, divers only...

Will PM you.

The remote is hanging on my neck on cave line, inside my drysuit, but outside my undergarment. Before and after the dive, I spend a little while touching myself, feeling for the button. Sometimes it takes longer when there's a fold in the drysuit core (I dive Whites Fusion). The remote is made of plastic, round, and smooth, and there's no split ring on it or any other metal parts, so I'm not too worried about it puncturing my suit.

The remote is hanging on my neck on cave line, inside my drysuit, but outside my undergarment. Before and after the dive, I spend a little while touching myself, feeling for the button. Sometimes it takes longer when there's a fold in the drysuit core (I dive Whites Fusion). The remote is made of plastic, round, and smooth, and there's no split ring on it or any other metal parts, so I'm not too worried about it puncturing my suit.
If your key is not electronic it's easy, just take it on the dive. I'll head off the comments about touching yourself....

If your key is not electronic it's easy, just take it on the dive. I'll head off the comments about touching yourself....
And this is why I got the "valet" key - no worries about electronics. Just dive and then retrieve the remote control key when I unlock the car with the dumb key.

Need clarification. I hadn't heard of valet keys until this thread. When you use them to unlock the car, does not the alarm go off? If so, are they not electronic? Our cars came with two regular electronic keys and you have to push a button to unlock the doors, which also turns the alarm off. A simple metal copy of the key would open the doors and not start the cars, but also would sound the alarm until you hop in and hit the brake.

all gets more complicated when you are renting car, doesn't it?
b4e

A true "valet" key will unlock the drivers door and start the car, but will not unlock other secured areas of the vehicle, such as trunk, glovebox and so forth..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom