Where are your accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering where do you put things like,whistle,slate. etc. and what and how do you put things in you pockets. This is for more tech/advanced then openwater, mostly for people who dive doubles and/or two first stages.
P.S Anyone can answer

Whether I'm in SoCal diving a single tank or doubles with my drysuit, or I'm in the tropics with a skin suit - I always have pockets. And my pocket config is always the same:

Left side - Stuff I hope I won't need to use:

* Back Up mask
* Dive Alert
* EMT Shears in Tube Sheath
* Spare Double-Ender
* 100' Jump Spool (depends on dive)
* Wet Key for Car (Shore dive only)

Right Pocket - stuff I'll likely use:

* Wet Notes
* Lift Bag (depends on dive)
* Toys - Lemon or other fun stuff to play with on the dive

Everything except the wetnotes is clipped off to a bungee loop so I flop the whole mess out, get what I need and flop it all back in.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Whether I'm in SoCal diving a single tank or doubles with my drysuit, or I'm in the tropics with a skin suit - I always have pockets. And my pocket config is always the same:

Left side - Stuff I hope I won't need to use:

* Back Up mask
* Dive Alert
* EMT Shears in Tube Sheath
* Spare Double-Ender
* 100' Jump Spool (depends on dive)
* Wet Key for Car (Shore dive only)

Right Pocket - stuff I'll likely use:

* Wet Notes
* Lift Bag (depends on dive)
* Toys - Lemon or other fun stuff to play with on the dive

Everything except the wetnotes is clipped off to a bungee loop so I flop the whole mess out, get what I need and flop it all back in.

---
Ken

What do you do with the lemon?:confused:

sasscuba:
What do you do with the lemon?:confused:

They are the best toys underwater. Just barely positive. They spin, they hover, they make great subjects for photos. I love 'em.

Citrus is really the best. Limes are good, as are grapefruit and oranges. Tangerines fall apart. Apples are projectiles (way, WAY too positive) and the tropicals (mangos, papayas, etc.) are good photo subjects, but fragile.

I've got hundreds of photos with fruit in blue water.

---
Ken

66088654.EgXUQS67.jpg

This board never ceases to amaze. :)

(and entertain)

(Although I'm sure my boss would find it far less entertaining if he only knew)

Mo2vation:
They are the best toys underwater. Just barely positive. They spin, they hover, they make great subjects for photos. I love 'em.

Citrus is really the best. Limes are good, as are grapefruit and oranges. Tangerines fall apart. Apples are projectiles (way, WAY too positive) and the tropicals (mangos, papayas, etc.) are good photo subjects, but fragile.

I've got hundreds of photos with fruit in blue water.

---
Ken

66088654.EgXUQS67.jpg

You are truly stylin man.

Color coordinated tank,hose and citrus. I am in awe :D

ianr33:
You are truly stylin man.

Color coordinated tank,hose and citrus. I am in awe :D

That's DM Brandi.

She's like 6'1" or 6'2" - arms and legs for days. Not a stick insect, but not Zoftic, either - just kinda soft and very girly. Amazingly graceful in the water for a 22 year old that hasn't been diving that long. Great body awareness.

This was shot in about 110 feet over 6500 feet - a couple of miles off of Kona, at Christmas last year. We went out looking for palagics, and were drifting over the abyss, supposedly holding on the a rope hung over the side.

I knew if we didn't see anything it wouldn't be real exciting, so I brought a lemon.

Brandi squeeled and wanted to play. I let go and got tons of shots - I mean how often are you in water like this (well, me - a SoCal, read: never.)

Its striking, and I love it. Its just silly and visually arresting, taking a lemon on these dives. We'll be diving in green water off shore, or at one of the islands:

* Starfish? Check.
* Black Urchin? Check.
* Kelp? Check.
* Rocks & Sand? Check.
* Lemon? HUH???

I'll post a lemon gallery here some day.

---
Ken

Mo2vation, have you done extensive research on the effects of said lemon on aquatic life? I mean the said lemon could do extreme ecological damage. I can’t imagine anything scarier than to see a Great White shark than to see one coming at me with a puckered face! Going diving in an hour heading to the fridge right now to get said lemon and see what my dive buddy says when I pull it out of my pocket at depth.

I put all them in my X-Shorts.

Whistle, SMB, finger spool, wet notes in the right pocket. A spare mask on the left pocket. All are secured with double-end bolt snaps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom