where are the dive shops in galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shayla

Reaction score
my and husband and i just moved to Galveston and we can't seem to find a dive shop. i have never been and would like to get my license's he already has his but would like to get a dive masters.

I don't think there is a dive shop right in Galveston but there are some on the outskirts. Giggling Marlin comes to mind as being 'down that direction' but I'm not sure exactly where. Some of the Swampers from the south can be more help.

Gigglin Marlin is at the corner of Richmond and Greenbriar. Not in Galveston.

Oops....see what I know!

I think this question was asked not to long ago, and if I remember right the one or two shops in Galveston had closed.

Next closest place is most likely Sport Divers@ Nasa Rd 1 and I-45, or Divers Paradise in the same area

Thank you for all your helpful information. I forgot about the dive shops on Nasa Rd 1. We used to live there.

I was in Galveston in December for a conference and thought it was strange that the city had no dive shops. The one listed in the phone book was in Houston. I called it and asked why Galveston didn't have dive shops. The answer I got was that since the water is so mirky, (mix of salt and fresh, river water feed) the city ahdn't been able to maintain a shop very long on several occasions.

Back
Top Bottom